Why are my seedlings droopy?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Legoxegox, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Hey guys, I'm a new grower...I have a bunch of plants,all 1-2 weeks old(counting from the day it came through the soil).... Some of them are starting to be really droopy, to the point were the plant is pretty much laying down. Is this normal?I'm using some wooden skewers and twist-ties to keep them upright.

2. Hey buddy,

The main reason why the leaves are dropping is that they are in small containers. The leaves drop to protect themselves from the light and the plant cannot support it because it's root structure is not being allowed to grow and advance accordingly.

The obvious solution to this is to repot your plants into bigger pots to give them more room to grow.

Let me know any updates :)

3. How big is the root system when the plant is only 3-4 inches tall?

4. They need bigger pots and more water.

Bigger pots will allow the plant to grow bigger, increasing the stem diameter and adding strength.
    More water will increase the water pressure inside the stem's water veins (Xylem and Phloem). The increased pressure adds a lot of strength to the plant.

5. ^ they could be drooping due to TO MUCH watering

a picture would be nice but id say its more than likely too much water, not the size of the pot. It could also be the distance you are keeping the lights from the plant.

6. Aaron I live in hawaii, they are growing outside.

7. Have you checked to see if something is eating the roots?:confused:

8. how often are you watering them? do they get enough DIRECT sunlight? those are both very important factors.

also, this is in the wrong section. i'll message a mod.

9. I know nothing is eating the roots, but I noticed a lot of little weeds have been sprouting up. Light green, I was only watering them like every other day, and only giving them some water, but now I'm trying to water them everyday. What should I do? I think they're getting lots of light, the soil gets dry quickly here.

10. Well, my first grow is a tiny bit behind yours, 1.5 weeks, but you should be watering every 3-4 days. DO NOT DROWN THEM. just make sure the soil is nice and moist so that the roots can become stronger. do the finger test to see when you need water. also, isnt it the wrong time to be planting seeds?!? (im not sure, just wondering:p)

Happy Growing. :hello:

EDIT: make sure your twist ties aren't too tight. once they are strong enough you can get rid of the skewer. also, how close to eachother are theyy?

pics are always good :)

11. I guess people should of been more clear. You are watering WAAAYY to much. Every day will have them dead pretty fast. Are you growing in pots or in ground soil? But yeah i have mine in solo cups and i water my seedling every 3 days usually some times 4

12. why are my seedliings turning out like this 💔😫 the stem is hard brown leaves are crispy

13. I am having the same problem I don't know if you can see but it is only staying up because the sea shell is sitting on top of a little piece of dirt holding it up about a week and a half the one in the green car that was planted a day before the little one in the Gatorade bottle the one in the green pot had to be set up right because my cat had almost knocked over the whole pot the lighting they are getting is the lighting that you see plus natural light when it's bright outside am I doing anything wrong how much light and water should I be getting at this point

Attached Files:

14. Giving at this point I also have 325 seeds that should be ready to go into the paper towel tonight and hopefully into the tots in the next day or two any recommendations? I was told the strain was called White cookies but it's hit or miss.

Attached Files:

15. You are replying to a thread that is 9 years old.
    Also you'll get more responses if you start your own topic.