why are my plants stretching

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johneym1, Jan 11, 2011.

1. #1 johneym1, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2011
    why rare my plants stretching its my 7th grow so its not like i dont know wat im doing the lights aren't to far away so i know its not that. is their any thing else that can cause them to do this iv never had this problem before
    by the way they are all autos

2. Are you growing a pure sativa? A little more info would be nice.

3. agreed pure sativas grow taller and stretching for light,unless its just the strain.
    I am by far not a pro but I have some super lemon haze and some others growing.The slh are quite a bit taller so far next to the rest of my ladies.
    are you topping or fimming?:hello::hello:

4. I dont think you're supposed to top/fim an auto. You actually want one main cola, youll get more buds in the end. Are they supper autos?, where they grow to be regular size.
    Theres allways a sure fire way to reduce streching, just lower your dark period. It's during this time that the plant will stretch looking for light. So for an auto flower I would do like 20/4 or 19/5, compaired to regular growth mj's I keep them on 24/0

5. main factors in stretch...genetics..slh is a sativa...they stretch......heat and extraction......difference between daylight temps and lights out temps...bigger the diff the more they will stretch...legnth of dark period..mentioned above...ph and nutes lockout..top...dont fim...tie em down if in flower...supercrop if not in flower...most plant triple in height when kicked to flower...sativas can quadruple;)great smoke though:smoke:

6. There's a difference between stretching and lankiness -- stretching is bad, it's what a plant does when it is starved for light, but many sativas are tall and lanky by nature. Kind of hard to answer since you're not showing us pics of the plant and you're telling us the light isn't too far away but not letting us see for ourselves. Other possibility is wrong spectrum of light.

7. Alot of nitrogen can cause stretching too?