Why are my plants still this small

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by drewschindler, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Is it normal that my 6-8 day plants are still looking this small after 6-8 days of 24 hours light...i am growing them in a small tv stand about 3 feet high by 2 feet wide by about a foot and a half deep, right under the bottom left of the hood there is a fan pushing air right over the lights....please leave feedback on the setup as well.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. now i've never grown cannibis before, but i did take botony in highschool, we grew tons of plants from seeds. it takes time! just make sure they get enough water, and enough fresh airflow.

3. is that 6-8 days from seed? whats the temp in there? what kind of soil u using?, what kind of light bulbs/wattage?

4. If those are flouros, you want them about 4" from the top of the plant. Lumens exponentially diminish as distance increases.

5. I am using organic soil mixed with perlite and a liiiiittttttle bit of sand, they are just two 24 inch bulbs that are like an inch and a half above the plants. Since the grow areais so small the temperature is like 76 to 78 degrees with the fans on and the cabinet door closed, temps reach about 80 degrees with me sitting in front of the cabinet working on it. Hunidity reaches a maximum of 47%

Am I doing things right?

6. increase the the exhaust fans to lowers the temps a bit, everything else is going ok

7. the only reason the temperature reacher as high as it did when i took the picture of the temperature gauge, was because i had the cabinet door open for a while and it gets hotter for some reason when i open it, and ti stays cool when the door is closed.

8. nevermind, the day after i post this they all sprout new leaves haha