Why are my plants still so small

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HardLuck71, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Hey all, so my plants (White Widow) are exactly 3 weeks old and they’re only 3in tall. I’m new to growing but think they should be bigger, am I correct in thinking this? I’d appreciate some advice, thanks all! D40F9FAC-0F2A-4ACE-B522-A6876BFB42BA.jpeg 17746892-4323-4DB0-9312-920850494D10.jpeg

2. Mine as of today are 18 days from seed. Look about the same as mine. Nothing to worry about, they will hit a growth spurt in the next couple weeks. I see almost triple the size in weeks 3 to 6. 20191128_213623.jpg 20191126_162726.jpg 20191126_162503.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Your a Baddddddddd Daddy. :)
    LOL They look ok to me. Rock on.

BNW

4. Yours are quite bigger than mine lol, I also just added some 6000k cfl’s to em 2 days ago on top of the led I have on em and they seem to have helped. I got lucky with the way my setup is and there’s no shadowing. Hopefully they hit a growth spurt here shortly. I just transplanted them from Solo’s to 1 gallon and I’m wondering if maybe the got a little shocked and slowed em dwn. Plus u can see the yellow on those leaves as I think I accidentally gave it a little nute burn. Damn Nubes lol

5. Anytime a repot is done I figure 4 to 7 days for them to bounce back from that, well that is what I've noticed anyway. I will be thinning these out within the week or when I can determine sex anyway. At that point 4 are going to be put in flower, 2 will remain in veg for 4 weeks then move 2 into flower also, at this time I will clone out the others and start those in the veg for no longer then 6 weeks, rinse and repeat. Plants wont be monsters this round but with rotations I should land a harvest about every 4 weeks, after a but of time and building a couple 4ft x 4ft x 6ft rooms I will have it down to harvest every couple weeks with rotation. Not alot at a time but enough to keep me happy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. #6 killset, Nov 29, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    If it takes 4-7 days for your plants to bounce back from a repot then you really need to rethink how you're going about it. Done right a repot should take 0 days to bounce back from

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Think of an iceberg all the work is going on beneath the soil. They will explode in the coming weeks

8. I wanted to ask about this as I have some Lowryder gene Jet 47 which is a mix between White Widow and AK 47 and I have a plant that is about 1 and a half weeks old and it is starting its 3rd set of leaves right now ( 2nd pair of true leaves ) and I don't know it seems like it should be bigger I'm not sure. I can post a picture if anyone is intrigued.

9. Pics please

10. image0
    image1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. They are about a week and a half old

12. Look fine to me

13. Just because they have sprouted doesn't mean they are going to take off like a friggin magical beanstalk. There is a lot going on under ground developing a root system. Once that is sufficiently developed growth will take off. This is the main reason why you should not drown your seedling at this point. Roots need air.

14. As mentioned above, the plants develop the roots first so they can uptake nutrients to fuel growth. That said, you have probably stunted growth by transplanting too early, and feeding too hot. Those two errors will cause slow growth. This is why I don’t recommend autos to new growers, as those mistakes would cost ounces in yield. Since you have photos, just let them settle down and comfortable, feed light nutes or none at all, and once you see new growth, they should start taking off. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Thanks all, I appreciate your replies! I know I’ve made some mistakes but that’s how u learn and I like constructive criticism as it teaches u what ur doing wrong. Just gotta learn for ur mistakes and get better. Thanks again

• Like Like x 1
  16. This is pretty accurate, my plant has been growing slowlyyy I guess but as it gets bigger it is definitely growing faster I can tell I can see differences in the plant daily now easily.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah, mine are starting to take off as well

• Like Like x 1