Why are my plants leaves turning brown? :/

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Critical_Misfit, Apr 15, 2015.

1. My plant was doing just fine, super healthy until a few days ago, it was weeping, no big deal, i watered it, and after its 8 hour dark cycle it was popped back up full attention, and im noticing this... It was pretty close to the lights, could they have burned the plant? 

Too long didn't read: were my lights too close and burned the plant or do i have another problem?

Attached Files:

2. Usually it be the tops that hit the lights, have you side lighting? If not you have nute burn by looks of things

3. #3 Critical_Misfit, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015

yes sides and tops, to help inner growth.... 

It's not nute burn, i haven't fed my plant in awhile and it has enough trust me, i recovered this girl once from a really bad nutrient burn.

althoug mostly all my leaves, even the sort of newer ones on top, are all brown tipped... not much but some. I gave it clean water during last watering and wasn't going to give nutrients for awhile... Still think its nute burn with that info?

It's really hot by the lights, after i noticed it i backed it up a bit and turned the fan on higher.

4. No I think maybe you were right about the lights, small burn on tips not unusual

5. well thank you very much i really appreciate your time and effort to help out tho man!

6. No bother something to do with a splif ha, hope it picks up for you

7. Nute burn

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I agree I still think so too but it's old and new growth looks better

9. #9 Critical_Misfit, Apr 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2015

If it was nute burn wouldn't all my leaves be in the same state? Besides the last time I gave them nutes, it was a tiny ass drop in an entire bottle of water, over watered down to prevent burn, and the last couple of waterings have been just straight water, no nutes.....

Which leads me to think it's from the lights... Am i right here?  those leaves were the only one really close to the light, and it throws off mad heat.... 

10. I think you're looking better now don't worry what happened just get it vegging healthy and it'll be good

11. It looks like you might have splashed some nutrients on them at some point when you watered them. That type of damage usually doesn't show up right away until the cells die from the damage. It's the same with many forms of leaf damage. That's why damaged lower fans leaves are sometimes a look into the past more than signs of something currently wrong. The fan leaves are the pages in the history book that tells the story of the plant.

So, how old is that plant? What's in the soil/medium recipe? Did you add any perlite?

Just curious.

this plant is roughly a month old/ maybe a month and a week. This is actually the plant that you helped me save as a seedling.  You suggested to get better medium..  i went to the store that day haha.

The plant is in an all organic miracle gro mix, added native dirt from outside with some manure.  My plant's love it, and the soil has definitely helped them grow.   I also use a liquid miraco gro fertilizer, high in nitrogen, potash, k12 ect.... i use VERY VERY little in a bottle of water and feed them that way. i don't want to burn them again. so far so good. i suppose. 

lighting is 3 CFL, totaling around 4400 lumens, 2x 6500k and 1x  5000k  and 1 small fan on them to help strengthen. 

13. Ah I remember. It's looking much better.