Why are my plants growing so slowly?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Pinkandblue2, May 6, 2020.

Tags:
  1. #1 Pinkandblue2, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: May 6, 2020
  2. Too Cold Too Wet Not enough 02 in the mix?

No Perlite No Nutes..?

you decide

3. I’m completely new to this. I don’t think it’s too cold or too wet. O2, perlite, no nutes? Help please.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Nutes=Fertilizer. Is there anything in the soil besides chunks of wood? Wood sucks nitrogen out of the soil as it decomposes. They are very tiny for 4 week plants.

6. #6 old shol4evr, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    delete

7. I can go buy some perlite tomorrow. My plan was to move them to 15 gallon pots and start feeding with Fox Farm but I thought I wasn’t supposed to do that until they are older. Should I start now? Soil is an organic garden soil for flowers and vegetables. Brand is kellogg.

8. #8 old shol4evr, May 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    delete

9. Thanks for this, this was very helpful. I’ll start working on the soil tomorrow.

Where can I find that feeding schedule? How do I know what the ppm are? Here’s what my bottle says (see pic)

IMG_0793.JPG

10. Your bottle tells how much they recommend. There are different feeding schedules available for some nutes, but not for all, check their website. Basically the manufacturers usually recommend too much. Overfeeding is a common problem. Anyway, you need to read more than just the bottle or any feeding schedules - read your plant and adjust accordingly.

For young plants one usually starts with 1/2 of the recommended amount or even less.

11. Hello,
    So you seem very confused, this is completely normal.....
    So about 25 years ago I was there with ya. Took a handful of seeds and just started planting them all over the place. Well that didn't end well at all. Had bean stalks 7ft tall.
    But anyways your medium needs attention as mentioned, after thats fixed I would carefully transplant them into the soil. Give them a week of just watering if not 2 full weeks of just water. After that time also cut notes to a quarter of what recommendation is. Feed every other watering up to 3 times a week. Now indoors im as of today giving my plants a half to full gallon each a day to every other day. Feeding 3x a week.
    This is all confusing, I know.
    So I know its feeding day for me so..
    Wed Feed
    Thus check and water if needed
    Fri check plants
    Sat feed
    Sun check
    Mon check
    Tues feed.
    Now this is my next 2 weeks continuing this until I hit week 5 of flower.