Why are my plants growing like this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nizmo, May 22, 2007.

1. Photo #1;
    Why is this plant growing bushy at the bottom but not at the top? My guess would be because the light was too low, and then it was raised - but the light has been at a constant height (you can see it for yourself in the link below). I guess its correcting itsself, but should i do anything? Should i cut away the bushy growth?

Photo #2;
    What is going on with those crystallised little leaves? I would expect to see that around the buds, not on the main stem, and especially with it on 24/7 light. I dont know why im getting these tiny little leaves growing off the stem... i expected branches.
    Are any of these issues going to cause me problems when it comes to flower?

My concern really is that it might get too dense in there and ill get mould problems.
    You can see how far away the plants are to the light in this picture;
    http://forum.grasscity.com/showattachment.php?attachmentid=71015

Light is a 600 watt HPS.

Attached Files:

2. Is that a clone?

3. The plant in the first picture is a clone, it was planted roughly 2 weeks ago.

The one in the second picture was a clone planted in soil about a month to two months ago.

4. Did you take the clones during flowering of the mother plant? If so... that may be the reason behind it all ;)

5. bottom of plant looks like it wants to flower

6. Just top it!! make it a bigger Bush!

7. He doesn't have it in flowering yet, though. That's what's weird. The only thing I can think of is that he took the clones from a flowering mother, or the light cycles may be screwed up. Maybe some weird thing on the plant's side, too.

8. Ok i failed to mention this peice of important information...

The clone in the first picture; The mother of this plant had started to flower, maybe a week or two into flowering max, then it was reverted back to vege and the clones were taken a good month after having it on 24 hour light.

The second picture, same deal, the plant had started to flower, but then it was put back on 24 hour light.

The reason for this happening is that the clones were sitting on window cill's before i got them - and over here in new zealand the natural light cycle is such for flowering.

9. The question in my mind is what i do from here... do i chop off that shit off the stem in the second pic and leave only branches off the main stem or do i just leave it?

What should i do with the first pic?

10. If I were you I'd just go ahead and throw them babies on 12/12 :).

11. The only problem with that is that we havent light proofed the room yet, its almost there though. We also have the problem of where to keep clones... we want to grow again after this harvest, but its winter here and we dont have anywhere to keep the clones until the room is free again...

So you think that i should not be clearing away some of that dense shit and just leaving it? Wont it get too thick during flowering and get mouldy?