Why are my leaves so sad???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Purpgreenleaf, Mar 29, 2014.

1. #1 Purpgreenleaf, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    Hey guys I am a complete novice when is comes to growing. I am currently growing for the first time (lemon OG) and have a couple of questions. But just so you guys know what im working with I am using a 400 watt light, the temp at the top of the plant is at 80 degrees F, I have a fan creating air flow, and the RH is between 40 and 50, and the grow meduim is some soil the dispensory was growing their clones in. I am growing from a clone I bought a week ago. Now here's the problem my leaves are dropping heavily. I watered her 5 days ago untill there was run off coming out the bottom. Did I over water? Or is there something wrong with my set up? She was a little droopy before I watered but now she hangs low and wobbles to a fro. Pics are attached

Attached Files:

2. Lemons usually get tall and lanky. With that being said, I can tell the clone was way too old when you acquired it. It should have been topped before you got it. Notice the length in internode spacing.

She looks stressed. I would trim off those yellowing bottom leaves to help reduce stress. I would also take off that top internode so it stops growing so vertical. Trust me, lemons can get huge. You need to constantly fim or supercrop.

The plant looks overwatered but its actually underwatered. When you are waiting for roots to form, you must keep the soil evenly moist. Do not add nutes for at least a week friend.

Good luck!

3. Also if you do think it over watering how long do you think it will it take for my plant to bounce back and no longer have drooping leaves.

4. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :gc_rocks:

try again ;)

5. If you make corrections, the new leaves will be fine. The older leaves will always be damaged...

6. Thanks Phil N. Bowls. Would you suggest watering now. I have been using the two knuckle trick (if the soil is dry two knuckles deep it needs water) do you think i should water anyways.

7. thats a tall plant in a tiny party cup, she is very thirsty.. 2 knuckles is too deep, try for 1/2 - 1 inch deep moisture

8. Yes if you just planted her a week ago, and watered five days ago, I would definitely recommended watering so the roots can spread out. Remember, no nutes for at least a week. If you nute now with no roots formed in the cup, you will overfertilize down the road. Just let her catch up a little. Remember, she will be tall so plan ahead for flower cycle. 

9. Thanks guys. would you suggest Fim or crop?

10. she is too stressed right now, just remove the yellowing leaves from the bottom, also whats your light cycle? if your doing 24/0 try doing 18/6 so she can concentrate on root development during the dark hours

11. how long do you think i should wait before cropping?

12. Sjould i wait untill the leaves are no long drooping?

13. *should *no longer

14. Also when is a good time to relocate the plant into a bigger pot? After a week or so of root growth?

15. Bad leaves will always droop from permanent damage. If you wait for healthy leaves, then you will know when she caught up. By then she will be so tall that you wont get the bush you want. She will probably fall over from bud weight and grow to close to the lights. Give her a week to catch up and then cut top internode while you still have the chance. Flower cycle for this can be longer than eight weeks. If you make mistakes, then welcome to the club...

16. If I were you I would start over

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Thanks for all the help guys. It sound like Ill just get a new plant since im only a week in and clones here in Wa are only 20$. Growing bud is definatily a trail by error gig.

18. hey theres no arguing with you there I was killing seedlings for a month and some change before I got things dialed in. Before you know it you will be growing plants larger then you know how to deal with (trust me). Never stop researching. Never stop learning. These forums are a gold mine

Sent from my LG-D800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app