Why are my leaves drooping at night

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by CANACHRIS420, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Hello GC I have a blue dream plant that always gets a little droopy at night and then in the morning it looks like it back to normal again can anybody help me out here ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427743969.605123.jpg
    What brand and type of soil?fox farms ocean forest
    Indoors or outdoors?indoor
    What strain?blue dream
    How old are the plants?two and a half weeks old
    What type of lights and how many watts?metal halide 400w
    How far from the lights?20
    What is your watering frequency and source of water?about every 3 days with distiller or tap water that's been sitting for 48 hours
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK?havent have any nutes yet
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?temp 66 at night to 76 in day
    What size pots?1 gal
    Any bugs? Nope

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #2 killset, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Plants will droop during lights out, its normal. You should stay out of there, bad practice to get into. Its not such a big deal in veg but come flower it is.

3. Your going to make me do some searching but there is a post pertaining to this exact question I'll start looking for you, there is no definitive answer it is normal but this post contains a lot of interesting scientific facts.

G

4. Very interesting a few people did actually say that they've had this happen before the lights actually go out just like what's happening to me . I just find it little weird that the plant that this happens to never looks as perky as my wwxbb . I'm going to look into making a time lapse to see actually when this occurs and to see if it occurs at the same time everyday . I am at work during the day so I can not monitor the plants to see the way they react

5. Yea I'm guess it's something in the genetics, that's why some are more susceptible to it than others. I think that's why when you get a strain that is you're like whoa what the fuck is wrong with her haha. I don't know if you ended up reading both of those articles I posted but they talk about how some plants do some weird shit at night like heating up up 30 degrees Celsius above ambient air temperature. I'm going to post both of those articles in here as well in case people were to stop by with same questions they can read the articles themselves.

G

6. I like to think it's my plant knowing the (sun) is going down soon and it's getting ready for bed.

Plants are smart like that right.....

7. They don't go to bed a lot of stuff goes on while your lights are off in one of those articles it explains that the plants have a internal clock they know when lights are going to off and when they are going to kick back on they also know that there are 24 hrs in a day and they consume their starch reserves up to 95% by the time lights are about to kick on. Those articles are pretty interesting I don't know if you fully read them but I recommend maybe another read through.

G

8. i did read both articles very good information I feel a little better now I just wanna thank you though for doing that research and even responding . 👍

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427894346.464550.jpg
    Baby blue dream going to sleep
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427894405.627331.jpg
    Blue dream and wwxbb waking up in the morning .

10. Haha yea 420guy I figured you had read it I was more or less talking to baked bread baker, the type of people who pop in a thread say hey that happens to me and doesn't contribute much as far as help. So I was trying to push him to learn something too.

G
    Your girls are looking sexy btw

G

11. #15 Baked Bread Baker, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    Sorry wasn't heavy enough with the sarcasm. Of course the plant doesn't just stop when lights go out, just like a human your body doesn't stop its processes when you sleep.

Would make sense that if the plant new the light we're going to turn off then wouldn't it want to divert energy from propping up the fan leaves that will no longer be catching light to other functions.

12. Haha yea it's all good one thing that doesn't relate well on texts is sarcasm, one thing I learned quickly with the wife. The one thing I find intriguing is that is really only seems to be prominent on younger plants, later into the flowering cycle I tend to see it less and less I don't know it they are just more ridged and tend to stay straight out or what.

G

13. thankyou👍