Why are my leafs curling like claws?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Northern cali, Jul 18, 2012.

1. I give my outdoor plants heavy harvest SPRING BLEND jus noticed when I woke up that the leafs are curld like claws anybody kno y?

ForumRunner_20120718_124912.png

ForumRunner_20120718_125239.png

2. Not sure... overwatering maybe?

3. #3 5150, Jul 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2012
    Overwatering

4. Thyre getting wose drooping alot

5. How often do you water? Do you have good drain holes?

Pot plants do not like wet feet. The roots need to grow and find water. Not soak in it.

6. I water evry two to 3 days

7. Thyre getting worse sumone said I mite of got nitrogen ovrdose or sumthn.how can I help plant?

8. This fertilizer is very strong in Nitrogen (NPK: 25-9-7). This was good advice about the N overdose. Stop using this until the foliage starts to turn lighter green, then begin fertilizing at 1/2 the suggested rate and frequency until you see if the plant can tolerate higher rates of fertilizers. Use clear water each watering until resuming the fertilizers. Your plants have a N toxicity.

PW

9. Dammm.....how can I get rid of it? Jus giv water

10. #10 5150, Jul 19, 2012
    I would let the plant dry out then do as PW said. If you water now and it's not N overdose then it's worse. Claw foot is a sign of overwatering for sure. So I would let the plant dry out to make sure it's not overwatering. Then do as PW said. This way you look at the two possible problems with on stone.

Or if you sure it N overdose you could flush your plant right now. And then let dry out. After that point feed with half dose like above.

Flushing now would flush your soil clean for a clean start.

You said you water every 2 days? How hot is it on average? And how well does your soil drain? When you water your plant does it take awhile to drain below the soil line?

When ever you feed the plants new food or try something different. Always do it to one plant first. For example, You can flush one of your plants now. If it works on the one then do the rest. This way your not wasting time and removing possible problems without making all your plants worse.

Does anyone have a info on N overdose? This is a new term to me? I always thought N overload would result in fert burn.

To the OP all I can say for sure about your plants is claw feet are sign of overwatering. I am sure other things make claw feet but I know for sure overwatering does. I would flush one and let one dry out and see what happens. or IMO it's the safe way.

11. It drains kinda slow sumtimes its like 90's over here

12. Heres a pic I jus took

ForumRunner_20120718_200524.png

13. I would say packed soil but you have good growth and your plants would look healthy without the claw feet.

Next year add some perlite so you got good drain in soil. You want your soil spungy. Say I dumped 2g of water right into my pot. It would only take about 4 to 5 sec. to be below the soil.

Like I said I do not think you have case of packed soil or you would not have got the growth like you have already. You could have packed soil or wet bottom though. Or caking at the bottom of the pot blocking drain holes.

PW said N overdose? Look into that for sure. I just went over soil stuff for I know claw feet is sign of overwatering.

Do you know what the pot heft test method is? This is the sure way to know when your plants need watered.

14. #15 5150, Jul 19, 2012
    Different story after seeing this pic. I will leave this one to the leafs guys.

I always like to take a shot in the dark guess though. Was this plant close to building? Is the curling only on one side? Perhaps the heat reflection from the house is baking the plant. Along with overwatering with poor soil drain. I see no perlite.

Remember this is a shot in the dark quess. I seen this same thing happen before.

Have you looked at the sick leaf chart for clues?

15. Lol thanx for da soil help tho.....this is stressn me

16. Are you using this fertilizer with each watering? If so this is way too much. You could transplant into the next larger container with fresh soil in addition to flushing the excess salts from the media.

PW

17. I jus hope my plant doesnt die!

18. No its a slow release nute ..i think I gavem too much ima scrape watevr I can off,,,,im thinkn of tryna flush to bt gettn scared it mite get too damp and cause sum other defincey.....

19. slow release nute?

I do not even think a flush will help then. It may but how do you flush out slow release nute? Rule of thumb. Never use slow release nutes.