Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why are my joints harsh??

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DCampos420, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Last night and the night before, I rolled up a joint and it was just so harsh. I roll them pretty tight but loose at the same time so its not hard to pull from. I also put an index card filter in it...what am I doing wrong? The first 2 pulls is fine but then I feel like the paper is burning my throat and I begin to cough a lot:mad: help please!!

The papers I use: zig zag ultra thin and last night I used some bob marley papers

2. Maybe your rolling it too skimp, or theres too much paper, or maybe its loose and your getting air along with smoke, thus making it harsh

We can't really tell you unless we were there , but maybe its just how joints are..

3. i can tell you now, its not the paper or roach, it's the bud. It was probabaly not flushed, or it's uncured, both will give you a harsh smoke

4. BS, I get free joints from dispensaries all the time and j's are harsh for me, too. All those dispensaries are not flushing their herb?

5. Probably because they're joints.

6. Get RAW's

7. give a hippopotamus a rimjob, im pretty sure that will help.

8. HAHAHAHA! Dispensaries are the LAST place to have properly flushed and cured shit man. They are always in a rush trying to get product on the table, and a lot of the time it doesn't get done right. I don't really trust buying concentrates from the club for this exact reason.

9. what the other guy said, plus they probabaly have a mass rolling session where they bust out like 200, so over time the paper would absorb all the moisture in the bud making it harsh, but i assumed most people roll it & smoke it, not roll it, leave it sitting around for a couple of days/weeks and then smoke it.

10. do you mix it with tobacco?

11. Ay man u rollin up some schwagg?

12. Could be a number of things, what ive learnt from experience..

1. You've got some dank weed and its gunna take some time to build the tolerance to take it down easy
    2. You've got too much/too little tobacco in the joint
    3. Are you using a roach? i never smoke unfiltered anyway, but roach will help the smoke hit your throat a lot smoother
    4. Maybe the paper is TOO thin, i use Rizla Silvers which are really thin but ive actually come across even thinner in the past which isn't even necessary lol

13. [quote name='"washedmothafuka"']

HAHAHAHA! Dispensaries are the LAST place to have properly flushed and cured shit man. They are always in a rush trying to get product on the table, and a lot of the time it doesn't get done right. I don't really trust buying concentrates from the club for this exact reason.[/quote]

Yeah bro this is CO not west coast. Our shit is regulated in a good way I guess.

14. [quote name='"Dubway"']

what the other guy said, plus they probabaly have a mass rolling session where they bust out like 200, so over time the paper would absorb all the moisture in the bud making it harsh, but i assumed most people roll it & smoke it, not roll it, leave it sitting around for a couple of days/weeks and then smoke it.[/quote]

I could be smoking dry j's. I toss them at the bottom of my jar until im out or just wanna get really high.

15. CO does the same thing man...there are a lot of good dispensaries out their don't get me wrong, but a lot of stuff isn't regulated.