Why are my highs so fucked up?

Discussion in 'General' started by CaptainClutch27, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Usually when I'm high I trip out a lot and I feel really good, laugh at a lot of stuff, and if I smoke enough I feel connected legitimately to everything like if I was watching Family Guy or something. But recently when I'm high, I always insanely trip about my future, and like, everything I trip about is bad, and it makes me feel like shit. But then I'll "snap" out of it and trip normally, and it'd sometimes go back and forth. Why's this happening? I wouldn't say I'm smoking more/less in each situation, it's usually about the same amount. It's been like this for a few weeks, anyone do the same?

2. you're probably feeling more pressure on you about your future, and the weed is bringing that out.

3. I do the same now and I hate it! The first few times I smoked I felt good now it's like every flaw I have is brought out by smoking. It puzzles me too how times have changed even within a year.

4. It's just psychological, think about happier thoughts and don't worry about the future. Concentrate about the now and just enjoy yourself, you'll be a lot happier. I've been through the same situation.

5. Happens to me too. The main thing I believe is to focus on the present bcuz the future does not exist. Only this moment in time matters so focus on that if you're high.

6. This happens to me on the come up. I think it's cuz i smoke too fast, but like when im just starting to feel the high I get shakey and paranoid as fuck for the first hour.

After the first hour i start to relax and enjoy then high. It's one of the reasons i stopped smoking. That come-up hits me hard.

I honestly feel better the day after smoking than actually being high. strange how we are all different.

I also think it might be the potency of the bud. High grade bud has 50-60% more THC than some low grade, so a bowl of some dank is like 5 bowls of middies/schwag.

People forget that weed is a hallucinogen. A mild one, but still a hallucinogen. Hallucinogens tend to make people look inward at themselves (from my own experiences and various article readings)

7. After a while no matter how much you smoke, getting high goes from being a fun goofy thing that makes you laugh at everything and gives you munchies to something more self healing.

8. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Wrx6eQZ1E]Because you touch yourself at night.m4v - YouTube[/ame]

9. For a long while I would feel the same way after smoking. I'd obsess about where my life is, and where it's going (school, money problems, just generally feeling hopeless). But then I realized, and I think someone else said it, that the future is an abstract concept and it doesn't really exist. All there truly is, is the present. You spend enough time out of the day worrying about your life, and smoking bud is supposed to be a break from that stress. Don't punish yourself.

10. #10 awakenedsleeper, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2013
    This happens to me when I'm going through a period of not feeling grounded. In other words, during a time when I feel as if my priorities are out of sync. This is the reason why I always hold off on smoking UNTIL all important tasks are concerns are either gone, or at least planned out a bit.

Because marijuana is technically a psychoactive substance, it can literally activate all the subtleties and sensations that get interpreted and felt by your psyche. This can also reveal any hidden subconscious doubts or concerns.

I believe the key is to calmly and slowly understand and recognize any anxieties that occur whilst high, but to not dwell on them! Like people have been saying: use that knowledge to move forward and to better yourself in any way(s) you can in the present.

This used to happen to me A LOT! but once i prioritized myself a little and learned to control my high (vs. letting the high control me) I got to a point now where, more than not, that same increased sensation and stimulation actually helps me to "sift through," and organize any potential worries so that I may move past them!

11. You have to deal with whats bothering you its coming back when you get high. If you were comfortable about your future this wouldnt happen. Deal with whats bugging you then get high.

12. 1. you don't trip when youre high
    2. you're just paranoid about your own issues

13. Ah guys thank you so much, I didn't really know if others had the same problem and it was just getting to me. A lot of my highs have me do nothing but worry, and I realize I need to let it go and be aware the future doesn't exist and to focus on the present. Thanks lads, toke on :smoking: