Why are my buds growing like this ?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lil_plant, Jul 16, 2019.

1. IMG_2596.JPG
    [​IMG] IMG_2598.JPG IMG_2601.JPG it’s not foxtailing from heat stress because even the bottom buds that barely get light are like this

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Do you have a microscope? Check under heavily affected leaves for any type of mite such as a broad mite or rare hemp russet mite. Beware, they are very tiny so the microscope may not even be able to spot them. The first thing that jumped out in the photos is the glossy, twisted, blistered and wet looking plant growth.

If that is misdiagnosed, there are other things that make the plant growth twist is over-watering but if you are solid in the hydration department, the ailments it can be could be harder to diagnose and remedy, especially during flower.

Best of luck. If mites, neem oil would be recommended in veg but the flower is like a sponge and will absorb anything you spray on it. So that kind of hinders treatment using that method if it is a mite. Over watering, just don't water for a few days but you know that since your plant is fairly large in flowering mode.

Best of luck again.

3. I forgot to ask, how far away is that light of your's, anyway? Light stress - could be too close to the light even if the temps aren't stressing it. Looks very high nitrogen level which could lead one to believe that there is nitrogen toxicity which causes dehydration of the roots and crown. A failing root system can also be to blame as symptoms can show up as almost anything. So that could be an interesting aspect to look into, if the plant is showing signs of N. toxicity, the plant's homeostasis can be altered and lead to a sick and potentially dying plant. No need to worry, just flush that mother lover and hope for the best!!

4. I believe the twisted leaves are a result of overwatering as this one leaks the most water, and almost is always in a small to medium pool of water

5. I should also mention that I have 3 other strains growing and they are doing perfectly fine and all plants get the same treatment

6. The light is about 2 and a half feet from the top of the plants

7. Oh yeah and one more thing all my plants got thrips so that’s why the leaves look unhealthy