Why are more guys interested in growing than girls?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by alright, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Is this just an assumption? I have yet to meet a girl that has pursued growing, aside from the occasional 'hey I'll plant some seeds and see what happens' . I know plenty of chicks that love to smoke, and also enjoy gardening as well. Those two things go hand in hand, so I can't understand why they wouldn't want to grow their own crop.

Are there even any chicks on this forum? Speak up if you are one and you're a grower. And if anyone else knows any girls that are into it, I'm curious if they went ahead and did it on their own accord (living with your boyfriend/husband that grows doesn't count).

Help break the stereotype!

2. i have a feeling it's like asking, "why are mainly guys in my computer science classes."

Growing weed is, accept it or not, a nerd thing. If you're as caught up in it as I know a lot of people here are, you know what I mean. I feel like males are more prone to hobby obsession. There's always something to improve or experiment with.

not trying to say girls can't be as good/better than guys btw.

But i could be wrong. just my perspective.

3. There are a few girls about, but no growers that I'm aware of, maybe revolution, if not she knows her shit.

4. i wouldnt say growing pot is a nerd thing but ya i do agree with you, most people that are on forums all the time are somewhat have just a tiny little smidgen of nerdyness in them

5. Female. I had a few grows going but I sadly had to end them. And I do fall into the nerd stereotype. Oh damn.

6. No growing weed is definitely a hobby nerdy thing. Even if you don't wanna be a nerd. it takes a lot of effort to get things extremely right and there's always things to improve on and such. A lot of tweaking and research go into it. If horticulture wasn't a nerd thing I have no idea what I'm doing here then?

Also I did just read an article I think in Hightimes a few months back about an all girl commune out in Northern Cali I think that they don't let guys in and they grow weed. So they're out there.

7. haha, right on! They probably really enjoy chopping down the male plants :devious:

8. Haha but then again who doesn't?:hello:

9. <----- Girly grower! :D

Yes I'm married and my other half smokes. My decision to start a grow and my hobby entirely. Loving it!

10. *don't wanna be the only one though* :eek:

Revolution, can you start another grow? :)

11. It's kind of like video games, its dominantly a male hobby. Yes there are some females that play them. I guess males think its more interesting to grow your own pot. And it takes a lot of dedication to learn how to grow. Also takes a good amount of money to grow good quality. But I've never heard or seen a female complete a grow without killing it.

12. [quote name='Whywaitforit']No growing weed is definitely a hobby nerdy thing. Even if you don't wanna be a nerd. it takes a lot of effort to get things extremely right and there's always things to improve on and such. A lot of tweaking and research go into it. If horticulture wasn't a nerd thing I have no idea what I'm doing here then?

Well that nerd or nerds usually supply you with your good stuff. Am I right??:devious:

In that case im a nerd!:D

13. there are deff good fem growers. theres nothing a man has that gives him an advantage over a female grower (aside from more muscle)

its just that women generally have different priorities in life then guys.

"Hottbody" in the outdoor section always puts sick grows together

14. my roommates girlfriend is growing. i was talking to her at a party and she told me, and my jaw almost dropped. i was stoked i know a girl grower. she didn't know too much about everything , so i gave her some tips and even told her to check out this website. i cant wait to go back to school in a few weeks and see how they are doing. maybe i'll throw mine in next to hers lol:smoking:

my mom grows everything but weed, but i bet if she put as much effort into weed as she does her clivia, it would be the most chrondo shit ever. but fuck, 3 of her clivia seeds just sold for like $200, so she's doing something right haha

15. girl grower here :]]