why are immigrants hated on so much?

Discussion in 'General' started by dezz, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Just because people don't think immigrants should move here illegally because of the problems it causes doesn't mean they aren't for a better immigration process and the advancement of impoverished nations also. :rolleyes:

2. I think its a matter of gangs and strange tropical diseases now. that and most illegal immigrants dont have an education that would provide them a good life in america. think about it, what kinda job are you gonna get if you dont know how to type, speak english, do math etc... that basically leaves mcdonalds and drug dealing which is what were trying to avoid. In a way it's to their benifit, though if they tried to educate themselves Im sure they'll skate threw the process. my sister inlaw from the phillipines had no problem becoming a citizen just because she had a bacholors degree.

3. its annoying hearing gibberish as background noise lol

4. [quote name='"TheAtmansPath"']Alright will someone provide me one fledgling, itsy bitsy piece of evidence that at all, in any way, illegals deliberately avoid learning english, despite how much easier their lives would be?!?!?

Thats gotta be the stupidest shit I've ever heard.
    Its xenophobic nationalism disguised in terrible logic and baseless accusations.

where's the evidence at Purp Skurp??[/quote]

It's not like there's statistics on this kind of stuff but it's the experience we have with people. When I started working at a gas station 3 years ago I didn't know any Spanish. But I have learned enough to understand. That being said I have people come in everyday and still can't even say what pump they are on in English. We only have 12 pumps its not that hard. And it's not like they know but would rather speak Spanish. No no they have to write it down if you don't understand then get all pissed that I didn't understand. That really irritates me.

Oh and my wife's grandparents on her mothers side immigrated her 30+ years ago and her grandma still refuses to learn English. Not all of them are like this but there are PLENTY of them that don't try hard enough considering they live here

5. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']

Dude, this is public info you can find online. If your dad stopped going to school, it was illegally too. Education in Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/quote]

The authorities don't really give two shits lol.
    Maybe in the high population areas such as guadalajara and el distrito federal.

6. That's still your dad's problem. There are dropouts and people who run away to different countries in America too. You have way too much confidence in the responsibility of authorities. The responsibility really rests on the citizen, the authority only tries to enforce as much as they can.

7. It bothered me...:smoke:

8. #109 Zr-01stamg, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    it;s a fucking stupid example. If you're gonna talk get your facts right or noone will listen.

O ya you generalize all americans as thinking this way? hmm. most of us are willing to help those in need we just don't like it when it's taken advantage of. You can get everything you need from the government for free if you do it the right way. So why do it illegally when you can get more benefits by being a registered citizen? You're also assuming that all of america is white christians which is so fucking silly it's ridiculous. The opinion that talks the loudest isn't always the collectivve idea.

I also don't see how them trying to bring down our government would be immigration? That's called war. We are allowed to immigrate to their countries freely just like they are allowed to do in the us.

Fact is the american people feel taken advantage of by illegal immigrants because they get all the benefits we do for free. They also don't actively try and assimilate they do the exact opposite. Which in and of itself is counter productive on their part which is the opposite of what everyone claims. If they want to become a citizen and live here and enjoy the freedom and economy they are perfectly free too and we will more than happily help them.

9. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']

That's still your dad's problem. There are dropouts and people who run away to different countries in America too. You have way too much confidence in the responsibility of authorities. The responsibility really rests on the citizen, the authority only tries to enforce as much as they can.[/quote]

Lmfao what are you talking about? I'm not saying it's the police's fault. I'm just trying to prove that mostly everyone from the poor side of Mexico doesn't go to the obligatory 10 years of school. They'd rather learn skills to work.

10. damn i thought this might turn into a thoughtful discussion of a world issue....guess not:hippie:

11. Idk if it's been posted in the 8 pages Im not gunna read.. Yet..

But if you live in Southern California or Arizona you'd understand why we hate immigrants so much..

Ya they do the shitty jobs no one else will do BUT only because they do it for damn near nothing..

Of course I'm talkin strictly illegal Mexicans..

Like an invasive species.. For real..

Like you what is it? The Zebra Mussel.. Or the crabs with the furry claws in Oregon.. Or the Python or Boa constrictor or whatever in Florida..

They invade a ecosystem there not suppose to be in.. Ravage it and suck it dry and displace all the local natural species..

Not trying to be racist just trying to explain how I feel about illegals

12. Then that's their problem. They're the ones who made the decision. You say "Umm no" as if your dad wasn't given the opportunity to go to school like Americans are, when he was, but chose to drop out and work instead. That happens here in America too, buddy, and is the fault of the individual, not the country they live in.

13. No, I'm american as well and do not generalize all americans as thinking in any manner.

fair enough

not quite sure i follow... most illegals would chose to be legal if possible. many work on it post-immigration as well.

I'm not. Though that is the majority.

It was a historical reference to the colonization of the americas by europeans.

I understand that

This is my third request for any evidence supporting this. Anyone??

Not really true. Its difficult to become a legal citizen unless you have specialized skills, most immigrants, of course, do not. That is why they farm and do landscaping etc.

14. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']

Then that's their problem. They're the ones who made the decision. You say "Umm no" as if your dad wasn't given the opportunity to go to school like Americans are, when he was, but chose to drop out and work instead. That happens here in America too, buddy, and is the fault of the individual, not the country they live in.[/quote]

Have you even been to the poverty ridden parts of Mexico? I assure you its not like USA. So stop making assumptions, they have to leave school so they can support their family by helping out my grandpa working. Look at the early 1900 late 1800 USA were children worked in factories instead of going to school to support their families.
    In the poverty ridden areas of Mexico its sadly still the same.

15. in my area there are many immigrants who are actually very militaristic against everyone else. There are immigrants who try and become part of society and i like them they are actually quite beneficial to us. There are the groups that purposely seclude themselves from the rest of us and act like normal people are trying to take away their freedom and oppress them. some are actually very vocal about this and alot of hispanic kids i met in high school were actually very racist against everyone else.

The government will give you healthcare, foodstamps, welfare, disability, ssi. If you immigrate here illegally then get your papers that's fine welcome here. I work with and know a ton of immigrants and i like them. When we refer to illegal immigrants that are causing problems we're not saying immigrants as a whole. Atleast not me. It's hard to use the right terminology to pin point who you are talking about.

16. #117 kssmeimaprate26, Aug 17, 2012
    If the majority of the population of the country i just moved to treated me like a second class citizen I would probably not want to be part of their culture either. Racism is still alive and thriving in America whether you want to admit it or not.

EDIT:We've almost made it back into the realm of thoughtful discussion! Just because somebody doesn't share your view doesn't mean you should belittle them.

17. #118 Verdurous, Aug 17, 2012
    I'm not making any assumptions. That happens in America too. I knew at least half a dozen dropouts in my class alone that were forced out of school because their parents were being foreclosed on and they had to help pay the mortgage. That doesn't mean they weren't offered an education and that it's America's or anyone else's fault that they didn't get an education. My great-grandfather was offered to tour the country singing with Crosby, but had to decline because he couldn't leave his dad to work the farm alone. That doesn't make it America's or anyone else's fault that he didn't make it rich. Same logic applies to Mexican dropouts.

18. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']

I'm not making any assumptions. That happens in America too. I knew at least half a dozen drop outs in my class alone that were forced out of school because their parents were being foreclosed on and they had to help pay the mortgage. That doesn't mean they weren't offered an education and that it's Mexico's or anyone else's fault that he didn't get an education. My great-grandfather was offered to tour the country singing with Crosby, but had to decline because he couldn't leave his dad to work the farm alone. That doesn't make it America's or anyone else's fault that he didn't make it rich.[/quote]

Please tell me where I have stated that it was the governments fault. Lmfao I don't see your point. I was just arguing that it's not completely obligatory for someone in Mexico to go to school

19. Early in this thread I said I could think of one group that disrespectfully doesn't learn English. I just wanted to add hearing any language irritates me. you gotta at least try.

And if they're here illegally that's pretty lame too. come on be fair and come here the proper way and i will be glad to welcome you here.