why are immigrants hated on so much?

Discussion in 'General' started by dezz, Aug 17, 2012.

1. I agree with you. I don't think fluency is necessary, but immigrants should at least be able to communicate well enough in public and in whatever field they work in. Children don't need to necessarily know English, but anyone who moves over here should make an effort and not just rush over here before they're prepared.

2. It's entirely the opposite in the USA, illegal immigrants very often pay no taxes at all working "under the table" while they still take advantage of all the tax-based public systems. Such as school's, roads, libraries, hospital's.... Also, americans aren't lazy, we don't have as many (dole/disability/holidays) as most of the European countries do and plenty of natural born citizens would do the so called "jobs no one wants too do"

3. Hahaha so true

4. What's your point? the native American's didn't found this nation... They did not create an Empire that spans from one end of the continent too the other. They only lived on the land, and they spoke different languages from one another also.

5. No, immigration only works when it's legal. All of my great grandfathers were legal immigrants and learned English before moving here. I don't have any ancestors that were here when the English, etc invaded.

6. I understand why they like to speak spanish. And i don't care if they do my cousin's wife is hispanic and so is her family, they are straight up plaid and cowboy hat wearing mexicans. They work in the fields and they are awesome people. I don't get mad if they speak spanish i just think if someone comes to this country and doesn't respect the opportunities they are given enough to learn our main language it's offensive. We ARE a english speaking country. Congress took a vote long ago and we were almost a german speaking country. Fact is if you move to a new area you assimilate not the other way around. :wave::wave:

7. #87 kssmeimaprate26, Aug 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2012
    I know plenty of people that are not illegals that work for drywall crews, painters, shit like that, and they are paid under the table as well...thats not just an issue with illegals. Its an issue of shady businessmen. And who isn't going to rat you out for doing such shady practices? Illegal immigrants cuz they would have as much or more to lose by doing so.

And the Untied States citizens speak, as a majority English, that does not mean we are an English speaking country. It is still not our official language. We have no official language.

8. it all comes down to ignorance.
    we are all people man :smoking:

9. It bothered me...:smoke:
    Personally, I think it's just a scapegoat for lazy people who can't be bothered to find a job.

10. Native American? That's a mother fucking joke. Every tribe spoke a different language derr. BTW i'm native myself.

11. ^^^^this

12. [quote name='"Zr-01stamg"']How many people in the US are from immigrant descent? all of us except for native americans (which i am). only the ignorant discriminate, i think immigrants are a good thing. Now illegal immigrants should probably just do it legally. It's the criminals who traffic people across the border and carry drugs and weapons in. Those are the immigrants we need to stop. Because they are CRIMINALS not immigrants. They are criminals no matter what country they came form.[/quote]

Yeah I'm for that too, I get that point about. Crimminals smuggling drugs and doing bad things but they do that because the us people buy their drugs.

13. ^^^^this[/QUOTE]
    Not all Europeans... I'm only a third and fourth generation immigrant, so my family was no where near America during the raping, pillaging, and exploitation. That was all the doing of western European empires, not all the white people in America. :rolleyes:

14. Wasn't talking about all whites buddy :smoke:

15. It's an example to prove a point. Obviously.

16. Not you, the guy you quoted was generalizing Europeans and anglo-saxons. :wave:

17. [quote name='"KenjaminK"']
    I can do those things really well too and have since I was about 12, yet I'd rather have that income from local residences to support myself through college rather than have a couple of grown ass illegal immigrant men soaking it up to support themselves in a country they don't belong in. Different nationalities and diversity is great. It's one of my favorite things about living in America; we're a melting pot. It's just the problems that illegal immigration causes that I personally have a problem with.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Mexico has 10 years of compulsory education compared to our 12. I did a report on Mexico's education system once. lol[/quote]

Umm no, my dad stopped going to school once he was done with his third year.

18. Dude, this is public info you can find online. If your dad stopped going to school, it was illegally too. Education in Mexico - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

19. lol op, believe me no ones envying the guy who has to pick oranges for $3 an hour in florida. My guess is immigrants are an easy target... they have no legal right to sue and white people cant hate on blacks anymore... it sucks but think of it like college, its like a hazing period for a frat house.

20. Bottom Line is I'm sure all anti-illegal immigrant people would all applaud and support all of central and south america taking up arms and invading, pillaging, enslaving and destroying the United States, then building their own new society on top of it.
    That is proper and valid immigration, right?

Yes?

Yes.

Honestly to condemn someone to abject poverty and violence without opportunity, because they mooch a little and it costs one of the worlds most prosperous nations some bills, is backwards.
    Tell me again what the US stands for?

And many of you I'm sure would call yourselves christian. Some even call this a Christian Nation.

Land of the xenophobes, home of the cowardly hypocrite