why are humans the only animal which require a balanced diet

Discussion in 'General' started by feudalism, Sep 17, 2011.

1. like we have to eat fruits and vegetables and grains and stuff

sharks just eat fish

lions just eat antelopes

elephants just eat leaves and shit

what's going on?

2. heh, I've wondered this as well. our brains probably need more nutrients.

3. We're omnivores.

4. We eat everything, brudda.

5. There's a woman I watched on science channel that ate nothing but french fries for 10 years and she's actually alive and not dying. I don't think we NEED a balanced diet,

but we have enough logic to realize our own mortality so we balance our diet to prolong our life. I'm sure animals would too if they weren't so dumb.

6. And meat. Dont forget meat

7. food pyramid is propaganda

8. vouch like a couch

9. Humans are pussies.

10. Wasn't it created by the department of agriculture to sell more grains/breads etc?

11. Cause we're sophisticated :p

Sometimes I feel like an animal eating a juicy steak though... Nomnomnomnom

12. We don't need to eat grains or other carbohydrates. Our bodies are extremely efficient without them.

So I don't know that we really do need a 'balanced' diet, so long as you don't buy into the myth that fat is bad for you.

Without carbs and fat your body shuts down

13. yup:hello:

also why the fuck do humans drink cow milk?

most of the world is lactose intolerant, i think there is something fishy about that too(tin foil hat on)lol

14. Yeah...okay. Try eating no carbs or bread or anything and watch how long goes by before you take a shit. When I stopped eating grains / carbs, I only took a shit like once every 3 days. That cannot be healthy.

15. cause we crippin it 24/7

16. Then you weren't eating enough fibrous veggies. It's not rocket science. I don't eat any carbs at all and I go twice a day. A huge bowl of spinach and other leafy greens with a fatty salad dressing at every meal will do that to you.

Our ancestors did not eat grains (remember back to world history in school. Grain cultivation is relatively new) and they had healthy body functions, or else we wouldn't be here.

17. because we're lazy as fuck

animals are constantly moving around...living outdoors...burning calories..

18. u should of kept eating carbs, from fruits and shit.

i shit after every meal.

and i havnt eaten bread in 6 months

19. I thought this was common knowledge, but you're probably American, so I'm not so surprised. How many 100 year old lions do you know?

20. More important than a balanced diet is a consistent diet.

High fat high protein low sugar low carb... best diet you'll ever have! :D