Why are hats considered impolite?

Discussion in 'General' started by someoneorother2, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Ohhhh you were being deliberately obtuse, I totally didn't understand that. :rolleyes:

I was not explaining it because I thought you were that slow. I replied like that because "yea that's totally called for" is a moronic response - hence the 'hurr durrr' - to what was clearly a comment made in jest. But since it's pretty obvious you're just looking for trouble I'm going to drop this.

2. trouble is my middle name.

*pulls at handlebar moustache*

3. Haha dude that's so awesome! My middle name is danger! we should get together and fight crime...on motorcycles

4. Na man, Scooby's got a handlebar mustache, that means he's one of the bad guys.

5. duhhhh,

i mean the only other giveaway would be my flowing cape.

6. Personally, I never understood the whole concept in its entirety but I do take off my hat on certain occasions.

One is when I enter a restaurant and sit down, because it just feels odd wearing a hat whilst eating... this also applies when I go to somebody else's house for dinner. Then again, I take my hat off whenever I walk into somebody else's house regardless of whether or not I'm eating there, but three categories are so much better than four.

Second is during a funeral or at a church service... which isn't often enough to make a dent in my social life.

Third is when I find myself in the situation where I have to tell someone that someone they knew fairly well is dead. Generally people know something is wrong when you walk up to them with a solemn look on your face and take your hat off.

7. normal hars are gateway hats to more sinister, face covering hats such as ski masks which are a threat to society.

8. Well scoob i see no other option than to become arch rivals.