Why are Europeans so different from Americans?

Discussion in 'General' started by Buddha_Man, May 9, 2011.

1. LoL your just like the Germans studying down here in Australia.
    Always talkin shit to the French especially!

PS. I own a Volcano which is made in Germany. Great product and i've owned it for 4 years now. no wait... 3 years lol.

2. LOL...why do I feel the same way about my wife???

The grass is always greener. Its human nature.

3. #63 mushroomsatsuji, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    My point was the second amendment. It seems retarded to go back on the same reason we are a country.

Guns may be more efficient, but people are going to find ways to kill each other regardless. The best solution is to have ways to protect ourselves.

4. I dont know what toxins you have inhaled my good sir... But Europe isn't that much different from any other place. We got weed. People hate immigrants. Immigrants hate people. The politicians are just as retarded and brainwashed like any other politician in the world. The school system gag balls, but college is free in some countries. There are wannabe gangstaz, popboys, sheeps, hippies, rednecks, sailors, military, mass produced chemical food and a delicate mixture between fine women and fat bitches in leggins. The culture focuses on looks, material objects, your social status, your job, your friends and the family. Kids get drunk and the news channels is all about bad news...

Sounds familiar? :rolleyes:

5. #65 Freshfed, May 10, 2011
    Do u mean defend violence with violence? I'm non US so Not familiar with amendments? I have to disagree and say that, yes people will always find ways of killing each other so why facilitate that, dare I say encourage it?

I appreciate your position however :)

6. #66 Freshfed, May 10, 2011
    That's pretty much on the money haha, actually laughed aloud at the fat bitches n leggings part hehe, so true, so true!

7. #67 mushroomsatsuji, May 10, 2011
    What do you expect them to do? Defend themselves from violence with non violence? That's suicide right there

8. #68 Freshfed, May 10, 2011
    That's my point dude, without easy access to the guns the violence would still be there but perhaps more fists and bruises than bullets and funerals.

9. #69 mushroomsatsuji, May 10, 2011
    Then you have to worry about shit like te holocaust. The main reason for our second amendment.

10. #70 Freshfed, May 10, 2011
    Hmm thats a bit of a leap in my opinion, heavy territory lol. Personally, I don't worry about being put to death by an extremist movement of hate, and I don't have guns, nor do most people here... Are you saying you think your government would try to exterminate a group in it's own country if you didn't have guns to protect yourself from it? Your stance is appreciate and I've enjoyed discussing it but I don't agree that worrying about another holocaust is a justifiable reason to have armed civilians, however I respect your perspective.

11. #71 gedio, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
    Every German I've met has been cool as fuck.

mainland europe can be pretty chill so long as you stay away from the big cities.
    Britain on the other hand is largely a complete shithole, it's really notlike some americans picture it at all. The bigger cities (glasgow, liverpool, manchester, birmingham, cardiff, edinburgh... did i mention glasgow?) couldn't be further from what our american friends imagine.

That said some of the grass can be greener, rome is probaby the city you want to go for if you're thinking of stereotypical europeans, it's also cool.

12. #72 mushroomsatsuji, May 10, 2011
    That was just an example. It's checks and balances. It's to make sure that won't happen. It's not far fetched at all. Just take a look in your history books. I don't understand why people don't think that will happen to them.

Seriously, can you give me one reason why you think a government might not do something bad? Do you think the American revolution was unnecessary?

13. #73 Freshfed, May 10, 2011
    I think government does plenty bad, but no
    I don't think there's even a small chance that my or your government would attack
    It's citizens, not in western societies, that would be detrimental to the nation. In the past the Nazi party were extremists, not the same in modern democracy.

Reasons: global politics, global and local economy, the U.N, serves no benefit to
    The government to attack the very citizens that control their titles...

As I've said man, I respect your opinion, but my opinion remains; guns have caused
    More damage than protection or defence. You can't cherry pick the worst case in history to use as reasoning. Look at murder rates with guns in the US, then look at europes murder rate

27/100,000 is the homicide rate in the U.S for firearms ALONE, now, in all of Europe 5.4/100,000 is the homicide rate inclusive of Firearms. Surely numbers tell the story better than I can argue it. Peace.

14. Sorry for hijacking the thread guys... Back to euro / U.S differences. Apologies!

15. Google the word "chav" and see if they seem so different from us. Or watch some Jeremy Kyle clips on you tube.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSgbG7bsZIA&feature=related]YouTube - Chav moron impregnates three sisters #1[/ame]

On the real side I wish americans would pick up on the word "CHAV". Its perfect. It would eliminate a lot of racial tension because we call them ******s here but obviously that has race implications. Yet that is a style of life that has nothing to do with color, and its not fair we don't have a non racial word for people who live on others tax dollars, have drug problems, are violent, make money by stealing and selling drugs, and have no intentions of changing.

16. It's an acronym for council housed and violent. At least i think it is.

17. #77 Freshfed, May 10, 2011
    It is yes, also NED is used alot, (non-educated delinquent).

18. #78 Flonkas, May 10, 2011
    Pwnage

19. Yeah thats what it means. And it is a non racial term. That is what is great about it. It judges the style of life, and doesn't implicate color.

If you privately asked Americans "Some people rob and sell drugs for money, they live on welfare, their housing is paid for with your taxes, they do drugs, they have 4 kids from 4 different men, and are violent. They consider it their social culture and are proud of it. What do we call people like this?"

Lots of people if they were honest would say we call them ******s. But we use that term regardless of its a white trailer trash family in kentucky. Many white rednecks do much the same thing but there is a different stereotype attached to the word redneck. And that is not fair to black people because ****** is obviously a racial term. If we could come up with some type of word like CHAV it would help racial tensions a lot I think.

Its not like black people like their tax dollars going to people who live like that. And there are at least as many white people who live like that. But we have no short-hand word like CHAV to describe it so people call them the n-word, which black people obviously don't appreciate. And its nothing to do with race, so its really not fair to use it as a blanket term the way people do, and it is a terrible word.

20. #80 Cottonmouth 85, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    About the guns that is a culture difference. After WW2 during the rebuilding such a thing was possible to severely limit the amount of guns there.

The states is full of guns and we are not giving them up. Literally, regardless of laws passed we have millions of undocumented guns on the street that people are not going to willingly hand back. So if you made them illegal, all the law abiding people would give their guns back, but a criminal won't. If you made wrenches illegal plumbers still wouldn't give them up, and a criminal isn't going to give you his gun.

So if you did that, the only guns left would be in the hands of criminals, with an ample supply, who know the general populace has nothing but a baseball bat and kitchen knife to protect themselves with.

Its a quixotic premise. The reality is different than the idea. There would still be millions of guns in the states if you made them illegal. Except only criminals would have them.

Fuck that. You can watch your wife get raped if you want, while you wait a half hour for police to show up. I'm going to shoot the fucker in the face.

As someone who has lived through Katrina, I'll tell you flat out its better to have a gun you don't need, than need a gun you don't have. When you've watched society collapse around you I'll care about your opinion. Till then you'll have to take my word for it.