Why are Europeans so different from Americans?

Discussion in 'General' started by Buddha_Man, May 9, 2011.

1. thats why the new south park made fun of germans and then the germans created a robot comedian? hahahah

why are germans perceived as robotic....i dont get it?

2. No-one speaks like that! I have never heard anyone say toodle pip or tally ho in my life! Lol.

The only stereotype that fits me is that i say 'mate' way too much!

Also, americans suck at british accents :p

3. #23 Sweetleaftoker, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Hahaha i work at a restaurant and we'll do funny shit like talk in british accents and ppl are like wtf? Lol

4. europe and america suck equally .. matter of fact it sucks everywhere ...fuck it .. im going to the moon

5. I've always wanted to live in America, Englands shitttt.

6. #26 Flonkas, May 9, 2011
    Cheerio, I can do a pretty good Brit accent. I picked it up from watching Harry Potter . Lmao

7. #27 PsilocinTHC, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2011
    You wanna know the biggest problem with Europe?
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9P7Zd-x2QXw]YouTube - Ramstein - Amerika[/ame]
    I love American geography, aswell as the awesome people. Not the government though.
    I only speak for the British here, but our prime ministers are always so far up your presidents arses we might aswell be called the United Kingdom of America.

EDIT: Also, if you were speaking the Queens English where I'm from, you'd get laughed out of town.:smoke:
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7LgPvTYbw8[/ame]

If anyone's seen that Game of Thrones that's recently come out on TV, there's a lot of Yorkshire accents on there too.

8. Theres no such thing as the american dream...only the american broken dream

9. #30 GreyMatterTripp, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    People are pretty fucking close minded about other cultures is the so called 'melting pot' that is the good ol us of a.

All things considered I wouldn't rather be anywhere else.:smoke:

P.S. John Oliver and Louis Theroux are hardcore.

10. I can't imagine how many people would say the same thing about Americans on TV... how glamorous we all are... haha :rolleyes:

11. culture and language mostly.

Imagine only being able to use french words to describe your thoughts.

and then imagine only being able to use american english words to describe your thoughts.

should be a little different

12. I'm European (Scottish!), I'm glad people like my side of the world, only a small area of England has the "Mmm quite, toodle pip you ruffian!" accent you get on tv. But each county in Europe is very very different, and we can tell americans a mile away haha. Especially tourists, often wearing super White trainers (sneakers??) a bum bag (fanny pack??) and some kind of USA tshirt or cap! Always speaking very loud too, what's with that?

We are very different culturally, the US being born as a capitalist nation has become extremely individualistic, although highly cohesive and patriotic as a society, I'd say that contributes somewhat. Americans visiting stereotypically come across as friendly and open, whereas other Europeans visiting would b more private and cautious in public. Differing norms I guess!

I'd love to go to the US as I've heard my accent would be a good charm on a night out haha.

What I've found that's most different in terms of growing is that US strains are all renamed crosses and seem to be a limited number of strains available, perhaps it's illegal to import seeds? If not I can post a few diff ones out for you guys haha, sick of reading about "blue dream" etc haha.

Love you guys! Just wish someone would comment on my grow threads!

13. Don't you know British people have shitty teeth? lol

14. #35 Freshfed, May 10, 2011
    Hey dude, watch what stereotypes you throw around, we don't want this turning into a superficial, unintelligent slagging contest based on retarded prejudice, and for the record, NO...we don't.

15. I live in the Netherlands and while I only know how Americans act by talking to tourists and watching TV, I don't see all that many differences.

16. Europeans are so cool cause they don't give a fuck about Jersey Shore, the Kardashians, and pregnant at 16

17. Jersey Shore and Pregnant at 16 airs on MTV here too. We even have our own little version of Jersey Shore with Dutch douchebags instead of American ones.

It's crappy the world over.

18. True that!

19. English my self what ho and all that, toodle pip and a shove it up yer arse!