Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why are edibles "dangerous"

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by oceansgreen, Feb 17, 2011.

1. i did a quick search(nothing serious just ^that question^) and didn't find an answer so I'm gonna ask,
    What is it that makes edibles "dangerous"? ive heard people on this site saying to be XTRA careful with edibles because they are dangerous, wtf, shouldn't it be safer than smoking since your not inhaling burnt plant matter?

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrZLc9lqQM0]YouTube - Cop Eats Pot Brownies Calls 911 (Full)[/ame]

3. They're saying that edibles are more potent then smoking/vaping weed.

You can easily consume more weed then you can tolerate, hence the "dangerous" term.

4. The effects creep up on you, and can be overwhelming for some individuals. Many people will consume a potent eatable, not give it time to kick in, then eat another...and end up on the floor watching the room spin.

5. First off, the only danger in edibles is the fat/sugar content.

It is perceived as "dangerous" because you can eat a lot of edibles, and the high would be super duper. Those that can't handle it call it "dangerous."

6. they are extremely potent. I drank weed tea once and was high for 12 hours straight

7. so basically it's dangerous just because you can get SUPER high? so there isn't anything like puking or shit like that?(i wouldn't thnk so jw)
    btw ive seen/heard that 911 call before, fucking dumbass! haha

8. ok, so this really has just confirmed my assumtions, so no worries.
    p.s. there's this chick who doesn't hasn't smoked bud but agreed to share some browines or something of the like with me, what would be a good dose for her so she doesn't flip?

9. Depends on the potency of the brownie. Start it off slow, maybe 1/3-1/2 of the brownie, wait 30 mins, she how she's feeling...

10. honestly it all depends on her man. her mind set.
    just lucky its not her first time getting high.
    mines a with a big piece of brownie

11. maybe dangerous is the wrong term i have taken too much edible before i was just uncomfortably anxious but i just rode it out and tried to enjoy the best i could, i would not even rank it up there with 'bad trips' i have encountered through other means. But ya i did puke i was sweating my balls off and i had one wicked bad anxiety attack thankfully i got super tired in the middle of it and passed out, but i was never in any danger it just sucked

12. LOL i love it when pigs fuk up like that.

13. the worst "overdose" i've seen on edibles was when a friend of mine ate about 3 brownies and then mac and cheese made with at least 3 more brownies worth of butter in it.. What essentially happened is that he passed out on my couch for about 18 hours straight. Not so bad but still pretty fucked up.

14. Well i have seen someone overdose on weed even though i didnt think it was possible. My friend ate an 8 dose edible from the club and then we burned about 9 or 10 bowls out of my bong. (we were trying to get really high, stupid idea, its just a waist of weed, anyways). He eventually puked up the edibles and then had a headache probably because he was dehydrated. But i would have believed it if someone told me ur body would eventually reject it if you have too much. But thats only for some people, because at the medical cannibis cup in SF i had about 4-5 edibles and smoked many blunts and was vaping the whole time. i just felt really really good. so all depends on the person and tolerance.

15. The correct term is "They are not for lightweights".
    You should be capable of handling a strong high and be able to "Maintain" in public before playing with edibles.
    When you do decide to use an edible dont be a pussy, eat the whole brownie, maybe two, that way you wont come back and start a thread about how I didnt get off on my brownie.
    peace B

16. Well if you get too high theres a small chance you can throw up from the effects being a way too much and also overheating and an annoyingly fast heart rate but thats the worst that could happen (i would know i've gone through this about 6 times) but thats if you push it way too far.

17. No turnin back

18. well for one its not the same chemical as when you smoke it. its metabolized differently. its dangerous because you can easily eat too much and have a bad time or fuck up and crash a car or something.

most of the time youll be fine tho. just dont ever eat edibles that other people make, even in legal pot shops.