Why are conspiracy threads deleted?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by edward, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I say "deleted" because banishing them to the crackhead section of the forum is the same thing as deleting the thread. Could I at least know the justification for the policy, admins?

I don't understand what exactly is so scary about these threads that we aren't allowed to have them... certainly the elite in our society find themselves allied against the common folk by happenstance of their social status... is it really so unreasonable to believe that people with such an initial thirst for money now seek the next logical step up, that is, control over people?

It doesn't seem unreasonable when you consider that political trends have been largely the same (erosion of liberty, nanny state, corporatism, imperialism, less privacy) regardless of political party, research reveals that subversive movements are infiltrated from the inside, the media/education portrays a small bit of what is actually going on, what we consume is extremely hazardous to our health, you have globalist organizations like the CFR, Trilateral Commission, NAFTA, the UN, Bilderbergs, there are examples of the controlled opposition with the financial ties to prove it, and all of this stuff is funded by the very same connected group of elites.

...but world events happen as compromise between competing interests. Right. The non-conspiracy theory is history is impossible with the economic system we have now.

2. It's a conspiracy man. :rolleyes:

3. Nah, just conditioning doing its job. Almost everybody has a revulsion to the phrase "conspiracy theory" by the time they are of voting age.

4. They aren't deleted. They are moved to Pandora's Box which is for, and I quote, "discussion of various topics that might be controversial for some members."

Conspiracy theory threads are indeed controversial, therefore... they go in Pandora's Box.

I don't see what's so hard to understand about that. :confused:

5. con⋅tro⋅ver⋅sy

–noun, plural -sies. 1. a prolonged public dispute, debate, or contention; disputation concerning a matter of opinion. 2. contention, strife, or argument.

Everything in politics is controversial. If it wasn't, there would be no disagreement or debate.

"Discuss all political issues and events in this forum. Liberals, republicans, democrats or anarchists...we all disagree on something!"

Uh... so conspiracy theory threads aren't allowed because we disagree on them? Looks like the mods have a lot of clean up work to do, because almost everything thread in this forum fits the definition of controversial.

6. #7 edward, Feb 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2010
    Looks like the initial decision was made because of people posting pointless threads with no proof. Don't threads like that in any other forum just get a bunch of replies that say "stupid" or "pointless thread" and then get locked?

I wish we could have discretion instead of just this absolutist approach. The last few moved conspiracy theory threads were full of good discussion (although admittedly very polarized) and thoughtful replies... I don't see any reason why these should be moved.

Could the politics forum have a poll on whether or not constructive conspiracy theory threads can be allowed?

7. Dude, look... the fact of the matter is; while many threads in Politics are somewhat controversial, conspiracy theory threads are almost always controversial.

They, more often than not, turn into heated arguing and senseless bickering, and they belong in Pandora's Box due to their very controversial nature.

If you have an issue with it, make a thread in General Feedback instead of complaining about it in the wrong forum. :wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.