Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why am i such an asshole?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ElementChron, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Hey, the city that never sleeps. What makes a man become bitter? Over the last couple years i have noticed i have become a bitter asshole. I don't know if its because of my age(49) or what but Ive noticed Ive turned into a complete asshole towards people. I'm very pessimistic about life and i don't know why! My life is fine, i love my family but i find when i talk to others i change and become an asshole towards them. Very strange but i love people on GC and im always nice to them :smoke: but i don't know guys. I think its because of my age maybe.

2. what worries me is that I feel the same way. But Im only 26.

I became bitter after I got done dealing with people stupid comments. When I no longer could sugar coat my responses to people that I knew were just saying dumb ignorant shit.

Listening to kids bitch about the problems that they think matter. I used to laugh it off and just go along with the conversation, but its harder for me to do it now, and I come off as an "asshole" as well.

I just dont have time to beat around the bush when people talk to me. And that makes me seem like a dick.

But they can never counter anythign I say also. so i say, I dont care if you call me a dick, as long as you know Im right.

3. I'm an asshole and a sarcastic smartass, who cares, that's just you.

4. This. I'm like that too. I don't care. Hopefully by the time I'm your age I'll be the "good" asshole/bitter/pessimistic kind of person. Like a hybrid of George Carlin & Lewis Black.

5. havnt you ever heard of grumpy old basterds....well now you know why they are called that :D

6. I think as you mature you stop caring about the "facade" of kindness that a lot of people rightfully throw up - OP, it sounds to me like you're a man who's accomplished some of life's major goals, seen it, done it, and therefore had enough of anything that isn't brutally honest. You know that people do and say A and B to get to their goals, and that sometimes it's easier to cut the shit and be straightforward, even if that means coming across as a bit of an ass.

My dad put it to me like that, so maybe you can relate, you old fart.:D

7. Just the opposite for me.At 54 I've finally "gained" patience.I guess I was an asshole for so long I just got tired of it! Peoples stupid mistakes and comments are easy for me to pass off nowadays. I just think of all the mean and stupid things I've done in my life and "their" shit doesn't bother me any more.After losing my Pop and waaaaaay too many close friends very recently, I've become even more mellow. Life's just to freakin' short to stalk around with a 'tude.I enjoy EVERYTHING so much more now,food tastes better, little things make me laugh,nature AMAZES me, Highs are stronger,sex is more fufilling.......to qoute a recent country song, "Got my toes in the water,my ass in the sand.Not a care in the world,a cold beer in my hand.Life is good today,Life is good today"!:D

Momma always told me, "Every day above ground is a good day".....I now know what she meant.:smoke::smoke:

8. she must not have been a fan of spelunking

9. its the times...

• dollar value is low (stuff cost more):mad:
    • jobs pay shit unless you're a top executive:mad:
    • jobs are tough to keep, even tougher to get (unless you count flipping burgers at McDonald's):mad:
    • our government over the last 11 years, killed our rights, trust, faith, and we are worried our way of life will never get better, only worse.:mad::mad:
    • our descendants will be nothing more than slaves for the 1% :eek:
    so don't blame yourself if you're a little disgruntled...

10. also, young people use curse words!

11. I am 37. I can be a real ass sometimes for no reason. Stupid people, immature people set me off pretty fast. I have a strong sense of intellectual superiority.
    Age and experience has a lot to do with it. I have packed a lot of "character building" experiences into my 37 short years and few people have taken the opportunities that I have. (College, military, travel, family etc.) This colors my view of myself and my valuation of others who have done less, even through no fault of their own.
    Since I started smoking again it had opened my mind, and I see that much of my negative attitude is linked to depression. When I was depressed, and felt like I was somewhat "better than other people" at the same time, it creates cognitive dissonance that is hard to reconcile, and I would lash out in anger.
    Now that my depression is under control, I am much more patient and willing to work with people that I would have written off as useless before.
    My wife has noticed and my kids act differently around me now. They like the new me much better, and so do I.
    I can still be brutally honest with people but I tend to use humor to take the edge off the situation, and I will make a joke about my own shortcomings as well. This helps me stay grounded and reminds me and others that I was young and inexperienced once too. Life is change.
    I got a great compliment at work a while ago that sums up the new me. We were training a new guy, and my friend Mike says to him "This is (Mr. Meaner). If you can't get along with him, the problem is with you." It may sound weird, but that made me really proud. It might even be the best compliment anyone ever gave me.

Life is a journey, and I still struggle some days and have to take every interaction one at a time. I try to think longer term and with a more humanistic attitude. I analyze what it is exactly that is bothering me about a person, and think about if it really matters in the long run, or if I need to let it go.

Good luck.

12. Your turning into your mother/father.

Happens to everyone.

13. OP, as long as you haven't started yelling "You damn kids! Get off my lawn!" then it's nothing to do with age. You're just a little more straightforward than most people can handle.

14. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrgpZ0fUixs]YouTube - Denis Leary - Asshole (Uncensored Version)[/ame]

15. Being funny + Being nice = People like you

Being funny + Being mean = People think you're an asshole; they don't like you.

I'd stick to being nice.

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."

16. If you speak you're mind, people are going to think you're an asshole.

I dont hold my tongue on the stupid shit I see around here, and for that, Im pretty hated. People always keep telling me how 'negative' I am

17. [​IMG]

brooo mann... why you so negative all the time man? you gotta have those positives vibes man... just chill maan....

18. I wouldnt think it would have to do with your age, just yourself and how you act.

19. Assholes by nature

20. Have you ever seen the movie Gran Torino?....You're Clint Eastwood.