Why am I such an asshole?

Discussion in 'General' started by Burrke, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Usually I'm pretty quiet and shy until I get to know people better. But it seems like TOO many things that I say get taken out of context either offensively or to where it would cause an argument. Normally when something like that happens, people just sort of brush it off or realize that i had not meant it in a harmful/mean way, but I feel like its happening to the point where its starting to change other people's views about me. Not only this but I can be SUPER judgemental, and no matter HOW hard I try to focus on being kind and respectful to everyone I somehow find myself being the usual dick that I am. Lately I've been trying hard to be nicer to everyone and It's going a bit better, but I still catch myself making stupidly distasteful jokes or comments directly to peoples faces. I don't WANT to be a dick, its just the way that I am. :( For the time being I'm going to focus on keeping my mouth shut and my ears open, and hopefully I'll start to morph into a loveable human being

2. idk.. join the club.. other then the judgmental part im about the same way..

i got a loose mouth and i got a fucked up sense of humor.. a concoction for assholery..

3. better to be an asshole than a cunt.

just roll with it man, there has got to be a way to make it work.

4. Meh, i started being a dick after being too nice lost me any chance with this girl i really liked. I'm not going back. I'll be nice to people who are genuine and deserve it, fuck everyone else

5. You don't have to try to be too nice to people, just be chill. Change your mindset and focus on the positive instead of negative, it takes time but eventually you'll get there.

6. Sounds like your becoming a better person man. The green helped me realize I can be an asshole, so I recommend smoking a lot during your metamorphosis:smoke:

7. Generally people who are cruel to other people have a great sense of insecurity about themselves.

8. I have met very few people who aren't assholes, you just gotta be able to focus it.

9. Thank you for all the input and kind advice!:gc_rocks:
    and to this:

I'm not cruel to other people, just stupid and ignorant about some of the shit that I say. Although I would consider myself fairly insecure anyway.

10. Well the stupidity and ignorance can be due to a mental block you put over yourself due to the insecurities
    I'm just saying this because you realize you are being like this, which shows that its not really you

11. Yes it's called impulsivity. I am very impulsive and always tend to say stupid shit like you. It's like we don't take that extra second to link the immediate thought and translate it into something more accessible. You probably base things off of how you feel, but the thing is your feelings don't translate over words. A lot of times I get flamed for saying the shit that I say, but in my head I'm like "come on, that's the first thing all of you thought of."

12. Read Emotional Intelligence 2.0

13. Because you were treated as such, probably.

I was just like you in high school. I fucked with everybody due to my own insecurities. Somewhere around my Junior year I stopped, made amends with the kids I had tormented, and treated them like royalty until I departed for college. I was overall a much happier person when I started treating others better. I was still just as "popular" and "funny" or whatever people considered it, but people just generally liked me a lot more. I actually felt really loved by a lot of my peers by the time I graduated.

Really kind of an incredible story, in some ways. My outlook on life became so much more positive and all around more humble once I realized how small my existence truly is. At the end of the day, everything is much, much, much bigger than us.

Its truly amazing what Marijuana can do to a lifestyle. Flipped me upside down. Cheers Blades:smoke: