Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why am i getting sick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ARoid, Jul 25, 2010.

1. #1 ARoid, Jul 25, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2010
    A couple weeks ago i went camping and smoked a full cigar (first time smoking a cigar) and it made me puke at about 10:00 at night. its also worth mentioning that i drank water through a water pump at the campsite which i doubt was very clean, plus i ate dehydrated camp food.

Next day i smoked a dense bowl of marijuana at about noon. i went through regular eating habits. i felt high but ok for about 3 hours. When i got back home, i started to feel sick in the stomach. I ended up puking about 4 or 5 hours after i smoked the weed. i basically puked out only water, so i think it was mostly a result of the dirty water i drank.

so i figured that this time i puked after smoking weed was most likely a cause of poor choice of food/water/smoking too much of a cigar.

i smoked pretty much everyday the weed after this, and although i worried about puking i never did.

but...

yesterday, i smoked out of a bong. the bong hadnt been cleaned in a long time. I smoked quite a lot, i took about 10 or 11 big hits with decently strong weed. i got high beyond what can be described by words. i got very paranoid, and was constantly thinking i was gonna puke.

i started to feel really sick, so i went to shower and ended up puking in there.

the first time i puked after smoking i dont think it was because of the smoking

the second time i threw up which i know for sure was a result of smoking marijuana.

so my question is, is the feeling sick all in my head? am i just always worried im gonna puke after smoking because i did the first time? i know i constantly think about it when im high, and although i wanna tell myself not to worry, im afraid the sickness is actually evident in my body and im gonna puke no matter what i tell myself.

sorry for the long post.

2. ya, its probably a psychosomatic response to the association the first incident produced...

only way to cure it is to consume some form of a psychedelic substance and 'trip'...good luck my friend

My post count for this one was 1776...go america! lol

3. when you smoked the cigar did you inhale the smoke? you arent suppose to inhale smoke when you smoke cigars only pull into your mouth then blow out, secondly when you took all those bong hits to take that many its just a result from over smoking for your body. if you take to big of hits that you cant handle it will blaze you so hard you dont feel good.

4. although i think i agree with you, i think its worth mentioning that i did smoke 5 or 6 times inbetween the two times i threw up, without having any issues. and i dont understand your suggestion.

nah i didnt inhale the smoke, but i smoked a very big cigar for my first time which was a bad idea. the only reason i mentioned the cigar is because the i smoked weed and puked the day after this so i thought the cigar may have had a lasting effect on my health. and i think you're right about the bong hits because yes i was way too blazed.

5. Idk what up with you but I feel bad for you beacuse puking is fucking gross and it sucks.. Clean your bong dude. There's nothing that will make you think your going to puke if you get a nice bong hit that taste good.

6. If you are not used to tobacco it will most definitely make you puke. I was sent over the edge at a party one time after drinking a lot by a few cigarettes because I wan't used to them. Ended up sitting on a couch in the middle of a full fucking party with my head in my hands for 20 minutes fighting it before I finally threw up.

The dude that gave me a trashcan took it away after the first ''load'' i guess you can call it, but I wasn't finished and ended up puking on the floor.

What a dumbass for moving that trashcan, I was beyond pissed

My best friend who's a HARDCORE stoner got sent over the edge by a swisher sweet, ended up puking out of my car door. Recently I rolled a cig with no filter and after he was done smoking it he didn't move and felt like he was going to throw up for about 40 minutes.

You have to build up a tolerence to tobacco so you don't look like a dumbass and puke everytime you have one.

Start with a half, then a full. Over time your body will become tolerant to it, you have to take it slow

The weed however I have no idea. Weed by definition is a nausea inhibitor. Meaning it should PREVENT you from puking not encourage it. It can happen though with new substances.

You aren't super man, you can't down 6 shots in a row the first time you start drinking, you can't chief 6 cigs in a row your first time and you can't take 11 bong rips when you're a noobie.

Just slow the fuck down homie that would be my advice.

7. The second time you definitely worked yourself up so much paranoia about throwing up that you did.

8. im sorry to be rude here but you sound like a new smoker, i sugest not using a bong since they can hold stale smoke which makes you puke. also maybe if you dont have much tolerance for substances ease up on them its not a competition

9. I hope you don't really think that smoking ONE cigar is going to damage your body.
    I smoke cigars by the dozen. I'm fine.

10. You may wish to rule out Giardia lamblia
    Giardia lamblia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The bane of campers everywhere.

11. every ones different. look at those fools who puke over 2 beer

12. i think i'll take you're advice because i honestly agree with you because i probably just overdid it

dont worry, i am a noob. maybe i did bring in a little stale smoke

nah, i just meant that i thought the cigar had something to do with me puking the day after i smoked it

thanks for help everyone

13. i hadnt smoked in a while then i had heaps and got high to the point where i was having small hallucinations and it wasnt pleasurable and then i puked my guts out and fell asleep