Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why am i getting a fast heartrate when smoking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by thelegend8888, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Yo, I have recently started smoking bud in the last few months and i have smoked like 5 times and the last two experience have been bad because i keep getting a fast heartrate which makes me focus on that and gets me completely worried that i am going to die which then freaks me out and i have to sit down on a bench and drink some water which is annoying considering im in a busy town and i get worried that the feds are gunna know that i am high and will bust me for just that.

am i smoking too much for my body to handle? i toke and then keep it in my lungs for a few seconds like 5 seconds then blow out and am i hanging out with the wrong people which i think i am, i have only known them for a few months and they know im new and they say ive gotta keep it in and one of them punched my chest when i was inhaling which pissed me off that i punched him even harder but in the face yesterday just for that lol. i also smoke joints with half a ciggerette broken in and mix it with the weed(im from the uk by the way and this is how they do it down here.

i heard that i may be getting the racy heartrate from the cig being put in it because its a simulant and raises your heartrate? should i just take small tokes at a time and smoke a full weed joint with no cig in it?

thanks people take care :D happy smoking

2. Smoking increases your heart rate, it's to be expected

3. ^^wut he said

4. Some strains are worse than others. Try changing brands.

5. You can't get arrested for walking around stoned. Relax. Take a few deep breaths after you smoke, try to think positive thoughts. Stay calm. Or if you can't handle it then don't smoke, simple as that.

6. I feel like if you don't realize that smoking increases your heartbeat, a post like this shouldn't be in Seasoned Tokers.

Not trying to be a dick, but man. It's getting annoying.

7. problem is in england, there arent really any strains and you just get what your given really but i may be goin to amsterdam and may try the indicas as there meant to be relaxing but im gunna smoke and smoke different ones to see which wud be my favourite

8. It's the same thing in America, you're not really getting "strains" most of the time unless you buy from a dispensary. Usually it's just some no-name homegrown that dealers try to pass off as "insert strain name here"

9. i miss that feeling. when i was a newbie toker it would feel like my heart was going to jump out of my chest. yes your heartrate raises but i think in your head you think it going faster than it really is. next time, time your 1 minute heartrate..i bet your fine...jjust good weed

10. Yup, happens to everybody OP, nothing to worry about.

11. Stop hanging out with them. They sound like ass holes.

12. most importantly, don't forget to breathe during and afterwards.:laughing:

13. would you or anyone know what a indica bud would look like?

14. Dude you heart races cuz when you smoke your blood doesn't get as much o2 so then your heart goes faster to get more blood to your body... make sense... also dude, you need to go to the apprentice area cuz you really don't know much shit. Indica bud doesn't look different than any other bud, in other words you can't tell unless you smoke it. If it affects your body more, it's Indica and vice-versa. Peace out and keep toking.:smoke:

15. yeah. your vessels dilate due to the thc and therfore your blood pressure drops. your heart begins to beat faster in order to compensate to get pressure back to normal.

16. usually indicas are smaller denser more earth-like smelling buds. but there are a shit load of exceptions. alot of bud on the street is hybrids also. the only way to tell for sure is to smoke it. an indica will give you a body high, which i personally feel increases the heart rate more than a sativa, which gives a more psychedlic high.
    no offense OP but in my humble opinion ,this should in apprentice toker.

17. +1 rep.

i hate illiterate asshole stoners. don't hang with them, go meet other people!

:p

18. Don't worry it's just the bud making ur heart beat just alittle faster trust me most of what u just described is nothing but mental..next time u smoke and this happens take deep breaths, relax, and realize it's all mental and you'll be fine...although I must tell you coming from a smoker of 8 years..u think u hate it now...enjoy it cause down the line..u will never be as high as ur getting now..so next time smile and relax :)

19. As some one who has heart trouble I can tell you that smoking will increase your heartrate every time if this happen just tell yourself that it will be ok. If that doesn't help trying vaping (I never seem to have that feeling when I vape but it could just how i react)

20. it really doesnt increase it that much, its more like you notice your heart beating because youre so high and it seems weird or like its going fast