Whose vs. Who's

Discussion in 'General' started by Hello there!, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Ok thanks. I thought maybe it was cuz* you were a mod, but I checked the list and you weren't on it.

Can I lick one more cunt before you kill me? :(

* Fuck you Tony! :mad:

:p :smoking:

2. im not necessarily mod material....
    there are times when i am not myself..... and who knows what i am capable of under those conditions....;):smoking:

only if you can get to it before i get to you:eek:;):smoking:

3. Do you ever fantasize about "going postal"? [​IMG]

Heh heh, I know where she is, but you don't know where I am. [​IMG]

4. Thanks dude. The more you know.

5. Not really....
    i did smash my f350 into some cars....
    they were stopped at a red light....
    Apparently i didn't want to stop...
    The guy in my passenger seat said he asked if i was going to stop....
    I just smiled and stayed steady in the gas.....

Hit them at 65mph..... totaled 2cars....
    no one was hurt....
    i don't remember a thing except "waking up" shaking my head in the middle of the street....talking to a cop....with no idea how i got there....

6. Past vs. Passed

7. You mean like *Irregardless*?

That shit really tickles my pickle.

8. Mines vs Mine

Anyways vs Anyway

9. Or "orientated"?

10. Another popular one, and I just saw it on this forum:

People saying "I could care less" when they actually mean: "I couldn't care less."

11. whose are those?

who is that?

didnt read one reply in this thread fyi

12. :laughing: I can't believe this is still alive.

13. ^^ Heh, believe it.

I just ran across a post on an unrelated site where someone wrote, " . . . wait with bated breath . . . "

That has to be about the first time I've seen it written correctly online; nearly everyone else types the incorrect "baited breath."

I know for a fact that the author is older than I am, and went to school back in the day when government schools actually taught things.

14. I just read "to many take that for granite."

WTF, people wonder why this country's going down the tubes?

15. lmfao!!!!
    those are often people who just dont bother to read anything...and assume the way "they"pronounce words is the way the are......
    i like when they make up new words from a common phrase....without ever realizing it is supposed to be more than one word....

would give you an example...but my memory is not currently cooperating...

16. If we lose the ability to communicate effectively with each other, then we are not much better than animals.

As Confucius said: "When words lose their meaning, people lose their liberty."

17. my son has started using that one and all I can think when he does is Donahue! Drives me insane.

18. i am still not clear as to what exactly ranks us as better than animals to begin with.....

as we continue to forcefully adapt the word round us to our needs/wants it continues to fall apart round us....

the animals adapt themselves to their environment....and thrive
    rather than manipulating their environment towards its destruction...

all our fancy words will amount to nothing when all the libraries which hold them have turned to dust in our absence.....
    words will not hold up the walls of this world no matter how well they are spelled....

they bring us together yes.....
    they also tear us apart....
    how much pain in the world caused by carelessly used words.....

19. Yes.

Although I read recently somewhere that it has been so misused and overused that it is becoming acceptable now -- much like "ain't," which when I was a kid it wasn't in the dictionary but it is now.

From dictionary.com:

Usage note
    Irregardless is considered nonstandard because of the two negative elements ir- and -less. It was probably formed on the analogy of such words as irrespective, irrelevant, and irreparable. Those who use it, including on occasion educated speakers, may do so from a desire to add emphasis.

20. The too* is inexcusable but the granite could of easily been an auto-correct by a phone. Though granted shouldn't be misspelled in the first place.