Whos your lamest friend and what are their Qualities?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by jizzledfreq, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Well I have this friend who's 30 years old, and here's just a few of the qualities that make him a lame friend.

He's a total mooch! - He's continuously from job to job, house to house, couch to couch. Never has any money, and is shameless about asking for any money and is completely ungrateful. This weekend alone, I bought a half O, breakfasts, lunch, dinners, coffee, drinks at the bar, this guy even asked me for money to buy a friend of his a birthday shot!

He's a know it all - It doesn't matter what you think you know this guy know's more. Whether it be relationships, life, spirituality, politics, or even music. He speaks very condescendingly to other people if they don't agree with his point of view. 

He's very narcissistic - Every time I wanted to talk about what was going on in my life he refuses to acknowledge it, tells me to stop being a debbie downer. but has no problem going on and on about himself and what's going on in his life. This week I heard him drone on about an X-GF while were were out at breakfast, I didn't even get to get a word in. 

He ignores - He had no problem ignoring any of my life problems I wanted to talk about, he left me to go talk to his friends for two hours, didn't even acknowledge or introduce me to them. I bought him beer when we went to the bar, and he ignored me for his other friends. Even when I'm trying to be fun and cheeky he ignores my attempts at humor.

Too carefree - Now, being carefree isn't such a bad thing, but this guy is to a level where it's kind of annoying. I had to check out of a hotel room at 11:00am, this guy wakes up at 10:30, showers, is barely dressed at the time. He was still tired from the weekend of partying that he wanted to go and nap in the park. No problem, except that I don't care to sit around while I wait for my friend to finish napping (2-3 hours) especially while I have cotton mouth. He refused to get up anytime I suggested we go to the coffee shop, not until after I packed all my shit and was ready to get on my bike and bounce.

Very insecure - This weekend it almost seemed like he refused to introduce me to any women friends of his, I get a feeling because I'm much better looking (I'm 6'6", dreadlocks, Half B/w, and can play guitar, he's puerto rican, short, pasty white, no musical abilities.) If there were any girls I commented on being available, clearly showing signs of interest, he would mock me, shoot me down, tell me the girls already have boyfriends, and were just being extremely friendly towards me.

So why am I still friend with him? Because he's got a good network of people in the local music scene. Other than that, he's a terrible friend.

What about you GC, let me hear about some of your crappy friends.

2. None because i choose not too have crappy friends. I would cut that guy out if i was you.

3. they're not my friends but some people i work with never shut up. at all. my boss told me to try and be nice because shes sure they're adhd or some kind of asparagus syndrome. DUDE BRAH I ONCE HAD TO WALK LIKE 5 MILES FOR A ZIP OF SOME OG MICKEY MOUSE KUSH, OH AND THIS ONE TIME DUDE ME AND THIS UNDERCOVER COP TOOK DOWN A CORRUPT CITY OFFICIAL

4. what is the point of this

nobodys perfect

5. #5 mmmmToXiN, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
    [quote name="MacTonite" post="18837342" timestamp="1381949290"]they're not my friends but some people i work with never shut up. at all. my boss told me to try and be nice because shes sure they're adhd or some kind of asparagus syndrome. DUDE BRAH I ONCE HAD TO WALK LIKE 5 MILES FOR A ZIP OF SOME OG MICKEY MOUSE KUSH, OH AND THIS ONE TIME DUDE ME AND THIS UNDERCOVER COP TOOK DOWN A CORRUPT CITY OFFICIAL[/quote]Asparagus syndrome? Do they eat too much asparagus or something? Allergic? http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1251318-trainwreck-gdp-grow.html#entry18811505

6. I'm not friends with lame people. I'd have to also be lame in order for that to work. Hint, hint.

7. #8 mmmmToXiN, Oct 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2013
  8. I can't decide who is the lamest.  The loser the OP is talking about or the OP for keeping someone like this in his life.   You have no right to complain if you only keep him in your life for his connections.   Maybe you should generate your own connections and stop mooching off your "lame friend".  

Mos Definitely. any other friend I would hang out with would never do this kinda shit to me. I mean napping for 2-3 hours while leaving your buddy hanging? Come on!?

Nobodies perfect, and I don't mind a few flaws in a person, but when a person asks me to come hang out, I don't expect to be used for whatever finances I can provide, and then completely ignored all night. 

10. Gavin.

Gavin is spoiled, his dad buys him whatever he wants, he never thanks him.

Gavin always has to be first,  "ima go shower dude." No i wanna now." tf?

Gavin always has to be better, ill buy somthing such as a bong hel buy the same thing but a better version.

Gavin copys the way i dress, the brands and all is fucking annoying as fuck.

Gavin trys to act happy but gets mad over bullshit and is hella defensive, fire bender lookin ass.

Gavin trys to fuck up my relationship "dont u think he dosnt treat u right?" 

fuck gavin lol

11. Just pullin' ya chain brotha! :)

12. why are these lame-o's your "friend"?

13. i give all my friends crap but i don't think they're lame. I'd be pretty lame for hanging out with someone who i think is lame. guilty by association, brotha.  :smoking: 

14. Not friends with him anymore since I have no interest in being friends with a lame motherfucker, but this guy from uni was just totally clueless about real life. Every word he says is quoted from 9Gag, The Oatmeal, Star Wars or some fucking thing like that. When surrounded by people he literally said "troll lol lol" without a hint of irony. Was trying to hit on a pretty girl who's a fan of Honey Boo Boo and I guess he read in an advice column that "negging" is a good way to get a girl. This was last year, so I guess Honey Boo Boo was 7 years old then. In an effort to get this girl to think he's "edgy" and "bad," he called a 7 year old girl an "obese spoiled cunt."

Yeah.

15. I've got a lame friend. He holds no ill intent but is very selfish. All of my conversations with him are one sided and he consistently compares his life to mine.
    I've known him since the beginning of high school and it's been almost 10 years. The dude moved back up to norcal after hitting socal for college and I feel like the dude just turned into a dick and nothing else. I've been wondering lately if I should keep at it because of the history or stop hanging out with him; if I choose the latter I feel compelled to tell him why.

16. My mom used to say, "I can do bad by myself." That phrase stuck with me. So whenever I have a sucky friend, I cut them off. The last friend I had to cut off was my girl of 8 years. She was my only friend that I had to go to the bar with and was always down to chill and talk to guys. I even got her to smoke a little bit and we acted retarted as fuck together.

She sucked though so I cut the cord. I miss her occassionally but not enough to sacrifice my integrity just so I can have a bar buddy.

Sorry OP but you're using your friend as much as he's using you. He probably knows that and maybe that's why he treats you like shit. Have the balls to tell him to fuck off and make your own way.

17. @jizzledfreq OP, why would you do all of that for a person you obviously don't like? It's perplexing...

18. He's too used too being treated like a king.

You need to drop this freeloader before he bankrupts your ass