Who's your idol?

Discussion in 'General' started by Beaming, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Kurt Cobain, Krist Novoselic, Les Claypool, Geddy Lee, Carl Sagan, Zack De La Roche, Tim Commerford, My Mom + Dad and My Uncle Henry.

2. If osama just shaved and ditched the turban he can pass as an average peurto rican, he doesnt even have that much of an arab face.

3. Jean Luc Godard
    [​IMG]

Jack Kerouac
    [​IMG]

Those are my main two but I've got mad respect for anyone who starts a movement and changes people's perceptions and does whatever they do with originality and passion.

4. as a child it was always my Nana(grand mother)

as an adult.....it is ME!:eek:

and that is the only person i want to be!!!! or be like!:)

5. It'd have to be a four-way-tie between Bob Dylan, Jack Kerouac, Jack Herer, and the Dalai Lama.

But I really don't like focusing on one person to idolize. I just try to learn and emulate little things I admire from everybody I respect and love.

6. John Muir
    Bill Simmons

7. Jim Morrison

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx5oXVDhNPU]YouTube - 1969 long Doors Interview[/ame]

8. Theodore Roosevelt

9. He dun married his cousin. Good president tho, changed what the president had to do, to sum it up presidents had to take up a more active roll.

10. Neil Peart (Passage beat me to it, figured he would). 58 years old and still smiling like an 18 year old before his first concert.

[​IMG]

Post #3,333

11. I'd be smiling like that if I had the kit he has, too.

Seeing Rush play on their Snakes & Arrows tour was by far one of my favorite concerts to date. First place I saw people over the age of 30 hitting pipes, too.

12. Some people I look up to that were/are cool genuine people:

[​IMG]
    David Bowie

[​IMG]

Joel from BJM

[​IMG]
    Jack Kerouac

[​IMG]
    Neal Cassady, fuckin badass

[​IMG]
    Perry Farrell

[​IMG]
    Iggy Pop

That's way more than I intended to post but I felt like I could leave none of them out. There's a lot of people I admire....there aren't too many genuine people in the world (relatively speaking of course, there's a lot of them but in comparison to the rest of the population there are very few).

13. Forgot Bob Dylan

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxBdXqVYZlo&feature=related]YouTube - Dylan Busts The Media | 1965[/ame]

Best Lou Reed interview

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf2pF5oMdP4]YouTube - Lou Reed Interview[/ame]

"Cause its more fun than monopoly":hello::hello::hello:

14. My parents, and family
    Bill Watterson(creator of Calvin and Hobbes)
    Matt Groening(creator of the Simpsons and Futurama)
    Seth Rogen, Steve Carell, Bill Murray(everything I want to be as a funny person. I want to make a career out of making people laugh whether it be cartoons, voicing, acting, or standup)

15. diogenes of sinope
    john waters
    karl marx
    emma goldman
    satan