Who's your Idol?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Armidillo, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Who do you look up to?
    I wanted to ask this question because I was watching an interview with Charlie Sheen, someone I have a great deal of respect for.
    I came to the emotional realisation that if He, or many others were to pass before I get the chance to meet, to shake hands with , that I would be devastated. I would likely cry.

2. Johnny Cash, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Lowkey. There my main ones. Pretty different mix of people to be honest, but I have a varied taste in music, and I've been a wrestling nut since I was born. I was young when Cash died and I was devastated, I remember thinking about how sad it was that I'd never meet him. I got the same feeling with Michael Jackson.

3. To me, the death MJ was a bit sureal, it sort of took a while for it to really set in, that he was gone. If you don't mind me asking, what's your reason behind idolising who you've mentioned?

4. Stephen Fry, Bob Dylan and Alan Watts.

5. Tuco Salamanca, Kyle Newacheck, maybe George Bush

6. FUCKIN RIGHT!
    They killed him off way too early.

7. No one really..because that makes me have a biased opinion on what they say. I respect people for their abilities and accomplishments (athletes and scientists, maybe others I can't think of) but I don't really have an idol.

Maybe God tho, she has always been there for everyone.

8. Just because someone is an idol for me does not mean that I have to have a bias agreement with everything they do or say.

9. Cool, well it makes me have a biased opinion :p or it has in the past, I don't really have idols anymore...maybe I'm weird like that

10. Nah, not everyone does. That's completely acceptable.

11. She? Everyone? Sorry I forgot about all the starving people or people stuck in countries with dictatorships, or what about countries where women have 0 rights? Nevermind you're right gods always been there for everyone.

12. saying she was supposed to indicate sarcasm, as there's, of course, no way god could be a woman, that just doesn't make any sense :rolleyes:

13. #13 BeatsandGrass, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2013
    What if Heaven is just another big corporation in the sky, and God is nothing more than another money hungry CEO?

Makes sense.

Oh and my Idol, Paul McCartney and George Straight are two of my biggies. I'll probably ball like a baby when either of them go.

14. Same, it's one of those things I think I'll remember my whole life, seeing him being announced dead on the news.

I don't really expect you to understand, but Stone Cold because I was born into a family who were obsessed with wrestling and I literally watched it almost everyday throughout my childhood. It sunk in so much I joined a wrestling club, and I feel like it's my dream to achieve what he did.

With Cash, it's because I feel his music speaks to me. He was at a time where music came more from the heart, and I was inspired by a lot of his songs from an early age. I feel I've had similar things happen in my life as well that I can relate to, and I've always thought I'd really get on with him haha.

Lowkey, because he's a political activist from London who has toured the World and visited the Gaza Strip to give support, and he regularly does speeches about Palestine. There all things that mean a lot to me, all purely from what I was raised on:D

15. currently carl sagan. but when i was a kid i thought bam margera was the shit haha

16. My brother and mother. Family over everything

17. Hmmm.. to each his own I guess. I don't idolise my family members.

18. peewee herman

19. When I was 8/9 walking down the road in southern england, my farther read in the local paper a guitarist had died in slow hand Clapton's copter on way back from alpine valley. Straight into Ross records he goes to purchase 2 albums and a vhs. After choosing ( yep even as an 8 yr old) to stay and listen with the pops I was hooked.. so if idol is the word, STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN ( along wife my partner)you are truley the only god I need

20. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8co-VW2C8M]Junior Dos Santos Complete Career Highlight 2012 [Frank Mir Included] **NEW** - YouTube[/ame]