Who's your favorite Rap Artist?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by salters, Feb 14, 2013.

1. It can't be someone dead. And you have to have a reason why you think they're the best.

I personally think it's Kid Cudi. I've been bumpin' to this guy since my grade 9 highschool teacher introduced me to Dat Kid From Cleveland. So, It's been a good 4 or 5 years since I started listening to him. He's lyrical genius, and is kind of like a parental figure in my life, through song.

Who's yours? Please explain in detail as well.

:cool:

2. the game because he is really the only true west coast rapper that is still making music. and nas because nas.... i dont really listen to modern rap so thats why i have 2... game is really the only modern rap i will listen to

3. Kendrick Lamar because this fool is pac reincarnated I'm not talking good kid madd city check out section 80 or overly dedicated lyrical genius

4. The whole tde schoolboy q ab-soul jay rock and Kendrick

5. Tough one its a tie for me I'm a big doom fan but i also fuck with the wu so prob both of them the reason just love the energy and creativity they both have I'm almost always jammin their shit stoned or sober

6. everybody in the triple 6 mafia......

but newschool? freddie gibbs be killin it, when madgibbs (produced by madlib) drop thats gunna be too ill

7. Can't be dead?

Eminem is the only rapper whose music I can say changed my life for better or worse.

8. Em best lyricist ever hands down

9. Jay-Z because he is simply the GOAT and has a shitload of classics. I listen to him everyday.

10. S dot is a biggie biter

11. WEEZY 'nuff said

12. lol not even top ten lyricist get real.

13. please stop saying that any of these rappers are "lyrical geniuses" nobody listed here is besides MF doom and GZA & Ghostface of the Wu. cool if they're you're favorite but don't label them as something unrealistic and untrue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sorry u hurt ur butt

15. Hov is most certainly a lyrical and rap genius as a whole

16. sorry you like lil wayne, i feel bad that you lose brain cells whenever you listen to music

17. maybe in the 90's but definitely not now. lyrical genius isn't one good metaphor or a few dope lines. listening to Blueprint 3 I can definitely say he is no rap genius.

18. If you fail to see just how clever Lil Wayne's lyrics are it just means you're too stupid to understand them. Here's a bandaid for ur butt

19. Fuck I was gonna say Eyedea but no one dead...
    So then I'll say Aesop Rock for his near indecipherable lyrics

• Like Like x 1

20. damn you really don't know rap do you? here's a list of the best lil wayne lines ever, lyrical genius right here.
    weworemasks presents: top 10 worst lil wayne lyrics [year-end lists] (2011)

he's pretty good at skateboarding too if you would look at this pic.

Attached Files: