Who's Your Favorite Author?

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, May 26, 2007.

1. Who's your favorite author? It can be inspiration, entertainment, sincerity, that drove you to your favorite writer. For me, I'd have to say: Michael Crichton. Damn, he's just so good in telling a story. The description, he paints a scene for you so easily. Always has some interesting book coming out.

Man, I love to read. When I read Sphere the first time, (before seeing the movie) it blew me away. What a wild concept. I finished his book, called Travels not too long ago. He lives for travel and experiences it like I do. An adventure.

Who do you look up to for writing?

Chuck Palahniuk is a close competitor for first though, as well. :smoking:

2. Lol i only read when i have to read a book for school and even then i dont read sometimes.

3. I used to hate reading in school. They forced you to read something that you didn't want to. So, I was biased back then. I didn't like being told what I should learn.

Now, I can't enough. After I graduated, I love knowing I can learn just about anything I want from books. Nothing like tokin' a fatty, sitting outside in the sun and reading a good book.

4. ROBERT LUDLUM, im into that james bond,, espinoge type shit.... and this fellow is a awesome writer..... i also like SALVADOR DALI. this cat paints some wicked shit....be cool!!:cool:

5. The only books I've ever read is "Whats up my Bum" by James Joyce and "A Confederacy of Dunces", mostly wank.

6. dude i read the da vinci code and i was like glued to the thing... i dont know who wrote it but shit man.. theyre good.
    u guys read it?
    the movie was so fucking gay tho... i HATED THE MOVIE!!

7. David Eddings. It has been a long time since I have read a book for the shit of it, and I do not know why that is. I used to read constantly. *shrugs*

8. vonnegut, also kafka and camus, and of course J.R.R. they are all very trippin

i guess some people don't read... ? which is cool... :smoking:

9. Reading trains the mind. I love it. Its much harder to use your imagination through writing, than it is to watch moving pictures on the TV.

To each his own, though.

I don't even own a TV. We have one in the living room, but its my roommates. I just love reading so much more.

10. Stephen King. I will devour just about any of his books except for Gerald's Game...can't get into that one. Even though horror isn't my favorite of genres, I just love his writing style. His characterizations are excellent.

[I :love: reading!]

11. Bonez - I'm not stalking you or anything. But are you the same guy who played Counter-Strike about a year ago?

Same spelling as the guy who played on the Appalachian server years back. I highly doubt it, but cool to see someone with the same name.

12. Matt Christopher:eek:

13. I dont have a favorite author. But, The Five People You Meet In Heaven is an amazing book. I highly recomend it.

14. For some reason I pictured you as a Kerouac fan.

I'd have to put him as my favorite I think, but its a tough call.

15. Unfortunately, everything else Albom wrote was complete garbage -_-

<3 Palahniuk, it seems like a ton of people on GC like him too.

16. I actually hated The Five People You Meet in Heaven. :eek:

17. Marquis De Sade.

18. I started Sphere about half an hour ago and am just breaching Part 2 (45 pages in or so).

So far, I'm sold! I like the way the story is progressing, as novels such as this usually leave you with about a hundred pages of trivial plot details to get through before you can really immerse yourself in them.

19. Jeff Noon (Vurt and Pollen)
    Salman Rushdie (Satanic Verses and Midnight's Children)
    God (;))