Whos your favorite artist/band right now? [any genre]

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by BluntSeason, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Doesnt have to be a new artist or band, just whoever youve been feelin lately, ill start!
    Jay Z- old jay though, reasonable doubt/ the blueprint etc

2. Right now im bumbin kid cudi's old mixtapes and man on the moon 1&2 :D

3. either Nightwalker or Algorhythms

4. Probably Ab-Soul, Big K.R.I.T. and Kendrick Lamar. I love that they're young and can maintain such a high standard when creating hip hop. As far of all time, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Tupac, Big Daddy Kane and KRS-One.

5. Lightning Bolt

From Providence, RI

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5baCUTVbXA]Clutch - Tight Like That - YouTube[/ame]
    still

7. I called it a while ago kendrick lamar will be a legend when hes done.

8. Railroad Earth...it might sound like bluegrass to the untrailed ear but it goes way deeper than that. These guys can jam harder than most any band I've ever seen.This video is from the concert in Portland I just saw at the beginning of the month. If youre into jamband music and don't know your railroad I'd suggest checking em out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rczuu7LX530]Railroad Earth - Warhead Boogie - Crystal Ballroom - 3/3/12 - YouTube[/ame]
    18 and a half minute epic!!

9. Silversun Pickups.

I've liked them since the first album. New album dropping next month, can't wait!

10. I didn't know they had a new album in the works. Thats awesome:hello:

11. The Meters, People Under the Stairs, Cl Smooth & Pete Rock, My Morning Jacket

12. nice list! ^

id have to say The meters, PUTS, The Parliament Funkadelics, James Brown, and Curtis Mayfield

13. Pretty lights
    old crow medicine show
    Pearl jam
    Kid cudi

14. I love funkadelic, but I'm not as fond of Parliament. I like the first 5 or so funkadelic albums alot, the others have a track or two I like. America eats its young is actually one of my favorites, so diverse musically. James Brown is good no matter what and Curtis is one of my favorites. Curtis live is the greatest live album. I've heard multiple beats made from the "makings of you" off that album, including the Pete Rock one of Watch the Throne.

15. as of now its the Black Dahlia Murder...has been since 08' haha

16. I've really been into prog rock mainly Yes, King Crimson, and early Genesis. I listen to a wide range of music but prog has really been captivating me. Its so complex. Its super impressive when they play it live and it sounds cooler than it did on record. Those guys were magicians.

17. Really been feeling Big L and outkast today. What a combo.

18. I've been digging a lot of Dark New Day and Smashing Pumpkins lately, with a little Fear Factory thrown in at times.

19. Boards of Canada I've been listening to most recently.