whos your fav guitarist

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Garcia76, Dec 9, 2003.

?

fav guitarist

1. trey annastasio-Phish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Stevie Ray Vaughn

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Jimmy Hendrix

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Angus Young-ACDC

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Tom Morello-Rage against the machine

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jimmy Page

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i have so many fav guitarist it all depends on the genre of music were talking about here man. paco de lucio is great spanish classical guitar, neil young has a great grunge sound, robert randolph is great at the peadle steal, joe walsh has a very unique and great sound, but i think i like pete townshend of the who the best. pete has a great classic rock sound ranging from strong overdrive lead to clean and crisp notes and chords. he gets great range out of a fantastic guitar the gibson sg. angus young of ACDC is my other fav SG player.

2. shit ninja didnt know that spelling was so important. and if u read i was ripped when i did the poll. i extra n doesnt mean the end of the world

3. I like most of those mentioned above. But I gotta add Vernon Reid of Living Colour. He´'s just sooooooooo wicked

4. I dont have a fav guitar or bassist or drummer or singer...but Im surprised only ONE! ONE!!!!! person mentions Zakk Wylde...Black Label Society, go listen now the guy who made the poll...GO NOW!!!!...ok well, I dunno...I like a lot of these guys...Zakk, Hendrix, Cliff Burton, the Nuge, the list goes on (I like Jack Black too, he's decent with his guitar and he's fuckin hilarious, so is Tenacious D...:D)

5. Best guitarist would have to be Mattias IA Eklundh. If you havn't heard him then you havn't heard anything. So you are here by obliged to STOP EVERYTHING and atleast go download some samples from www.freakguitar.com , if not go out and buy his cd's!

Oh yea, the best bass player would have to be Les Claypool.

6. Thanks man. I think I know now where ya from. Think we're neighbours, countrywise.

And yes, Claypool is one of the greatest bass players. Heard they were in the studío again, makein a new record. Really lookin' forward to that

7. Check your spelling: that's "stevie ray vaughAn".

BluesMan

8. I know people have been complaining about the spelling, but I'm suprised nobody has yet mentioned that there is no JIMMY HENDRIX!! Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi. Jimi.
    I don't have a favorite (although Jimi Hendrix is near the top if you couldn't tell), but it should be a crime to misspell Jimi Hendrix.
    ANYHoo, yeah Trey is also great, so is Page, and David Gilmour.

And the best bassist is Victor Wooten. It's not really a competition, the only person I can think of who is even close is Jaco Pastorius.

9. Classical and technical w/ speed, too? check out Ry Cooder's playing on the movie "Crossroads", when the punk ass Ralph Ma----? whatever his name is, mimics his licks. You'll like Vai, Satrani and Eric Johnson, too. BluesMan. ___

10. i went to a Flecktones show, that shit was intense. we ended up scoring these 3rd row seats...at the begining of the 2nd half, after intermission, Victor just came out for around 20-25 minutes and played the most insane stuff i've ever heard. he's so good. just...wow.

i'm not real educated on guitar, but my favorites are Jerry Garcia, Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, and James Iha

11. where's Tommy Iola? Dimebag Darryl? Yngwie Malmsteen? Michael Angelo? Kim Sae Hwang? my God man the list goes on. don't narrow it down so much.

12. Jimmy Page will always be my favorite :) But I was literally shocked when Clapton wasnt on there.

13. Omar Rodriguez from TMV, Page is great, but the best ever is Gilmore and yngwie malmsteen is a great metal

14. angus young most exciting peformer

15. Top 3
    John Petrucci
    Michael Akerfeldt
    Alexi Laiho