Whos The Culprit?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kemisthekid, Feb 26, 2015.

1. I woke up and I saw what seems like little bug bites on the leaf. I been spraying it with some Eco Smart Organic Insecticide. I don't want my plants to become food for bugs!!
    ((PLEASE HELP!!)) :wacko:

2. Little spots on your leaf, but everything else is fine?

calm down

probably no big deal

3. :wacko:

Attached Files:

4. Thats a big bug hahaha....thats no gnat or spider might........

Monterey spinosad is the shit.

5. Could be a two toed canna hopper.

6. Maybe my girlfriend got hungry in the middle of the night. I don't know but I need to find a solution.

7. Already told you the solution.....

Attached Files:

8. Thank you for the pic, it really helps a lot ... ^_^

9. I couldn't find that specific one but I did manage to find this one...

10. #11 kemisthekid, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2015
    I sprayed once and I have not seen any more eaten leafs. I saw couple of fruit flies trying to find a place in my tall plant but it seems like the organic insecticide is keeping them away... :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

11. In general don't start spraying the plant with insect stuff unless you know you have a problem and what insect it is. One nick in one leaf is not a sign of a bigger problem.

Preventative maintenance means everything in any garden. 

j

13. I'm trying my best not to spray my plants but I have too until I decide which tent I'm going to buy....:rolleyes:

Youre absolutely fine with the 2 insect sprays shown on this page - the Monterey Insect Spray and the EcoSmart spray. The EcoSmart spray uses natural plant Secondary Metabolites from plant oils - 

Active Ingredients:Rosemary Oil0.25%Peppermint Oil0.25%Thyme Oil0.25%Clove Oil0.25%Other Ingredients*99%Total:100.0%

and the Monterey Gardens spray that Greenthumbs suggested utilizes a bacterium produced vie fermentation. 

\t"How does spinosad work?Spinosad affects the nervous system of insects that eat or touch it. It causes their muscles to flex uncontrollably. This leads to paralysis and ultimately their death, typically within 1-2 days."
    \nBoth are organic and use no nasty chemicals - you're good to go! 
    \nj

15. Thanx jerry111165!

16. Totally agree on prevention, but it is a good idea to find out if you have bugs and identify what kind of bugs before you start spraying with random stuff. If the plants have thrips, spinosad is the right stuff, but if they have mites, the spinosad is useless and the mites will proliferate. And if they have nothing at all, should the plants be sprayed with spinosad, and miticides, etc.? Some people spray them everything preventatively, a lot of people don't. 

17. :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

18. Preventative maintenance is just that....preventing variables which is why i spray for everything every generation.

Picking and choosing is a losing battle.....mother nature will beat you every time. And some of my spray mixes increase vigor, hydraulic conductivity and transpiration.

I dont have time to guess and check or troubleshoot

19. Plant munchers are common in unsealed environments, but likely won't kill plants...but I'm not sure what kind of pests are in your area. In my opinion it's only problematic if it gets worse, keep the area clean and there's no need for spraying.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum