Who's making bubble hash?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by wEEDhEAD1, Jan 3, 2018.

1. So I got enough trim to buy the bags, finally!

Anyone use the bubble bag lite set? It's basically half the price of the original bags. Should I just pay for the original?

Also any tips you got on making the hash would be great, otherwise I'm just gonna get some whiskers and follow good ol jorge!..

2. I think my set has 6 or 7 bags. The largest micron and smallest micron bags don't yield anything worth keeping. Use lots of ice. I've done agitation by hand using something like a wooden spoon and also have used a kitchen mixer. The mixer yields more, but it doesn't seem to be as pure. I'd still go with it though, instead of agitating by hand. Be careful not to submerge the mixer!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. Yeah the lite bags use the same as the original 220, 160, 70, 25 of the top of my head. On there website it look like the only difference is a cheaper material for the fabric.
    And one other thing which puts me off, it says the original and standard are accurate to 1 micron but the lite to 7 micron.
    Knock offs online cost like 10% of the original bags!

4. From what I've heard it's one of the more wasteful methods. It takes a lot of material to get not that much product. How is your experience with it? I like tincture and baked goods. I'm not really into using massive amounts of good material to get minimal amounts of hash. Making tincture is so efficient.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. #5 glueberry_crunch, Jan 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    What's your tincture recipe? I've also been curious as to why some recipes call for freezing the alcohol mixture for some time - wouldn't this just slow down any chemical processes?

I try to keep brownies in the fridge, but I don't like the high sugar and fat content.

6. I usually don't weigh out the trimmings or weigh the hash to determine yield. It's always much higher when I use a mixer, though, but the color is never as good (opaque light brown). When I just do a manual agitation, the color is often a translucent reddish brown when flattened out and very pure, bubbles and melts fast, but yield is less.

7. Ok so i just bought the original bubble bags, 4 bag kit. Is so expensive!
    And a kitchen whisker. But stupid me bought 4 gallon buckets instead of 5! :(
    So I guess I'll do it tommorow now!

Honestly I've never done anything with the trim. I have the batch from my first grow in the freezer still but got about twice as much from my current grow.
    I was gonna try Nd make bubble out of the first lot as its ready.
    I've never heated of tincture before I just did a quick google. You have a easy to follow step by step for me I can look at?
    I never thought about cooking with it for two reasons. 1 it took me 3 attempts to make toast for my breakfast this morning :(. And two in Amsterdam I tried there space cakes/brownies and never felt a thing. I just thought I have to high a tolerance for edibles :/

8. 11.5 gram ball from 1 bag 1 run 8oz. material all bud, total from runs close to 27g. On avg. min 10% yeild but my best run closer to 15%.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Wow nice ball lol. Can I ask why you only use 1 screen? And what micron is it?
    Also why would you rather half ounce this instead of 8 ounce bud?
    I hope I get atleast a gram from my trim!

10. Sry I run a 5 bag system, that was the 73m bag, 8oz of bud in workbag that is the max on 5gl size

11. So off of 8oz bud I yeilded 27g total hash

12. I love smoking hash, couple bowls at night and good night, I leave the bud for daytime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Oh wow that is quite a lot then. So you don't use the trim just the buds? What's your method, by hand? :s

I've only ever had bubble hash once in my life and I was younger but now hoping to see it more often in my life. I've only ever smoked spliffs, never really pipes or bongs but I'm thinking to branch out. Now I got the stuff to make bubble hash. I see Americans getting this wax, dabs, a more purer way to smoke! The game is changing and my tolerance is high. I want to find other ways to do the job. Think it will be better for me if I can cut out some of the spliffs with hit on a bong or pipe, no tobacco needed!

14. Been getting between 10-15% on a combo of 25% trim and 75% Bud..really missed the ole hash taste too..Yummm
    Started using a kitchen mixer and graduated to a portable washer.. better product and yield with the washer too.;)
    bags are cheapo ($25 on Ebay for 5 gallon 5 bag set).. Shit spoils you and I also have my butter and Rosin..
    12-15-17.JPG Hash 11-30-17.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. I do both, bud separately trim separately, 1st wash lightly by hand, 2nd wash I kill it with agitation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Looks good. I stopped doing a fine grading to dry and just let the whole larger ball dry on its own over time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ah I was reading reviews and read some bad ones for the cheap bags. Paid over £100 for the original 4 bag bubble kit! The washer is expensive over here too. But it's my first time, only got 4 plants worth of trim to try my first go so well see how it goes.

18. You guys are killin me..Good thing I made plenty LMAO..
    Gotta clean the glass..(usually a few times per day)..Sax Sherlock for Flower..baby Sherlock for Da Bubble, Evolve plus for wax, Pax II, Oil pen..ahhh, what a time to live in a legal state..Thanks Nevada):)
    I usually do a harvest 1-2 times per month and make hash shortly thereafter.
    glass 1.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  19. I have a special mini-bubbler which is a hash-only pipe.

• Like Like x 1
  20. If I am not too couch locked, I walk a few steps to the recycler for a lil home made full melt;)
    (my last batch was from Granddaddy Purple and Gorilla Wreck#4..MF..Killa Gorilla..LOL)
    Rig Guest.JPG

• Like Like x 1