Whos got nothing to do?

Discussion in 'General' started by KottonMouthKang, Apr 22, 2008.

1. I just wrote my satire on an immodest proposal and i wanted to see what all you guys think.
    its on the DEA so its gc appropriate:D

ok so it says its invalid so ill just copy and paste:

In today’s society crime is always something that must be watched out for. There has never been a more criminal time in our history, and with this massive amount of crime always happening, it is easy to see that our prisons are being flooded many times over their specified capacities. There are people who don’t even get beds anymore, but just a mat to put on the floor. Not only are our jails being over crowded but there are not enough cops and detectives to focus on everything that really needs to be stopped. With this terrible tragedy happening in our nation I propose that we get rid of the DEA and allow people their rights as humans to decide for themselves what they put into their bodies and what stays out. The DEA’s budget for last year alone came to a whopping 2,345.9 million dollars. All of that much needed money was squandered away to oppress the citizens who fund their administration for exercising their natural freedom to put into their bodies what they choose. That money could be spent much better by using it in almost any other way. If we focused even a quarter of that money onto stopping real crimes committed by real criminals, this country would be a much, much safer place to live. <o:p></o:p>
    During the year 2006 alone, the population in prison for drug related offenses rose 2.3 percent. While this may not seem like a large number keep in mind that that is for the entire country, bringing the total number of incarcerated persons from 159,500 to over 7.2 million, all in one year. By the end of the year 2006, 1 in every 31 adults living in the United States were either incarcerated or on probation or at least some kind of disciplinary action injunctioned by the courts for drug related offences. To me, that is absolutely ridiculous. To have 1 in every 31 people in the country being disciplined for the same type of offence says to me that there is a problem with the rules and regulations placed on the oppressed goods. <o:p></o:p>
    With the DEA and their insanely over proportioned budget done away with, this country would have it easy in regards to trying to pull our selves out of debt. Not only would there be an extra 2,345.9 million dollars, even more now, to spend on actually needed services, but the tax from marijuana alone would boost our economy through the roof compared to our current state.<o:p></o:p>
    I once read a poster that read, “Legalize Weed, Fund Schools.” and I cannot agree with it more. Instead ruining lives, sending innocent people away to get rapped in a place they never belonged in the first place, destroying family relations and putting an enormous drain on our national budget, we should use that money to fund under privileged inner city children. The crime rates in the inner city are based largely because the children never get a proper education leading to no one ever taking a gamble by hiring an almost uneducated person, making them resort to selling drugs and stealing, which in turn leads them to get caught and sent to prison. With proper funding to give these kids a proper education, the crime rates would drop drastically. The world would be an all around better place without the corrupt, evil organization that is the DEA.<o:p></o:p>

dunno wats goin on with the smileys

2. To lazy to read all that.

3. probably shouldnt have posted here then huh ;)

Fairly decent paper, good read.

4. My only comments would be that the original essay you're referring to is "A Modest Proposal" (hence the joke), not "An Immodest Proposal"...also, your piece isn't really a satire

5. I was thinking the same thing...

I was expecting a story on how we need to give the DEA billions of dollars more than we already do because of the insane drug problem...

6. thats not a very high budget..

7. haha wow your right. i never read it in the first place and just knew i had a paper on it so i winged it.
    haha realy missed the boat on that one huh.
    o well too lazy to write a whole nother paper. my teacher is too much of a dumbass to catch wat yall just did anyway