Who's going to some concerts this year?

Discussion in 'Clubs, DJ’s and Festivals' started by sparticus63, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Hey hey blades,

Thought I'd see who's going to some shows this year, what's coming up one everyone's schedules?

I'm seeing Mos Def and MF DOOM at the Nokia Theater in NYC on January 30
    Passion Pit at the Pullo Theater in York, PA on March 29
    Vampire Weekend at the Electric Factory in Philadelphia, PA on April 2

Can't wait!

Last year I went to All Points West Festival in Jersey City, saw Vampire Weekend, The National, Jay-Z (replaced the Beastie Boys), and a bunch of other bands. Saw the original Wailers in Wilmington, DE at the cities annual Tribute to Bob Marley festival (Bob lived in Wilmington), Dave Matthews Band, and Taking Back Sunday + Weezer + Blink 182 at the Susquehannah Bank Center in Camden, NJ.

Shows you guys have seen and who was good?

2. Going to see Perpetual Groove on Febuary 12th. Love that band!
    I'm always at Bonnawoooooo!

That's all i got lined up so far.

3. I wanted to go see Pentagram in New Orleans, LA today but I got class at 8 in the morning on Friday.

4. Going to see Stereophonics in March!

5. the new deal tomorrow and bassnectar on 4/21.. that's all I get in Vermont for now :(

Trying to get to some biscuit shows though

6. lucky!

I'm going with a friend to see Showtek this weekend. I also want to see Excision this Feb.

7. I'm headed to tND tomorrow and 'nectar too. See you there tomorrow night, Big Gigantic is going to be a fuckin' rager too. Got the biscuits coming to HOB boston on 3/19, i'm sure i'll be there. Rusko is up in Montreal in a few weeks so I'll be headed up there for a show. Pretty stokeddd.

8. My tentative 2010 concert schedule includes Gov't Mule, the Trey Anastasio Band, JJ Grey, and AC/DC.

That's without the Summerfest lineup, so I can expect to add 5-10 more decent names, and one or two huge names.

9. I'm going to see some local bands for a Haiti benefit concert on Saturday, then Five Alarm Funk on the 1st, and probably more local bands on the 5th. That's as far as I have things planned out.

10. big gigantic was sick, I really enjoyed the saxophone in the mix.. and new deal brought it as usual. I was a little disappointed I didn't find any rolls or doses, but at least it was good music

11. Just bought tickets to Disco Biscuits in April.

Hopefully will hit up a music festival if time allows...pretty pissed off that Rothbury isn't happening.

12. Oh shit man ima be hitting up that Doom and Mos concert next week as well.
    Idk if u like people under the stairs but they're in NY today im seeing them its gonna be ill

13. actually going to a show in a week or so, just got a invite that came with tickets ;) It's the Bob Marley Birthday Bash Tour 2010, feat the Canabis Cup Band... odly enough I have seen them before, and not even my type of thing lol.. Gonna be going to the one at the BB King Blues club in nyc on the 5th..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeNBG3cvpmE]YouTube - Cannabis Cup Band featuring Junior Jazz - Bob Marley Tribute[/ame]

I should go post that in the white dude reggae thread.. look at all those white people!

14. DeadMau5, Damien Marley, Alexisonfire, Sam Roberts, all free, courtesy of the 2010 olympics :hello:

15. In February im seeing PGroove, The New Deal, and Lotus
    March im seeing STS9, and EOTO
    April im seeing 3 days of disco biscuits in a row

thats my plans so far

16. I'm going to see cage the elephant next month, should be fun

17. Last year in November I saw Minus the Bear and U2. My birthday is coming up and as a present to myself I am going to a Motion City Soundtrack concert.

18. The Disco Biscuits. Hopefully Phish again in the summer.

19. I just got back from seeing some of the local bands with a cute girlie. I think I'm in lurve. :rolleyes:
    I think we're go for Finn Riggins and some other local bands in a couple weeks too. I'm excited. It's been a long time since I've had someone to go to concerts with, let alone a pretty girl.

20. Ultra Fest FTW!!