Whos going to last the longest?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by HT, May 29, 2010.

1. I was listenin to my ipod yesterday and had it on shuffle by album, Kid Cudi came up with a few tracks off Kid Named Cudi then Drake came onright after with a few tracks from Rikers Island mixtape and I thought to myself who is going to have more longevity in the hip hop world?

Yea this might not be the best time for this topic since Drake has yet to release a solo album, but I think hes put out enough material for any of us to make a pretty strong opinion on him and to have a sense of whats to come on Thank Me Later.

I'm going with the Cudder. He's got so much going on in that head of his I think hes got a better chance of stayin fresh and new, while Drake so far hasent shown me that. ALot of his bars are similar and his flow can get annoying when the bars arent hot.

2. It's hard to say really. Neither of them haven't really had much of an impact on the industry in order to say which one is going to last longer. I can tell you less than five years for sure for both of them, then one of them will come out with a spin-off tv show after they can't make any music.

3. hahah :D
    \

i knew i forgot an option, fuck

4. Knowing Cudi he won't sell out like that and have a tv show about himself. Although Cudi said hes only going to be doing 3 albums then going to pursue his acting career that he has already started. Drake on the other hand doesn't really rap about anything new just has some sick lines and metaphors, so only time will tell.

5. 3 albums and then acting? Pretty gay imo although I think cudi is better than drake. Neither will be looked back on as legends in 10 years though.

6. Why would Drake be on a mixtape with Rikers Island in the title? He's a friggin actor from Canada!!!! He aint street and he's certainly never been locked up! Man what a mess hip hop is.

7. I was thinkin that too man.

8. I believe because they were using beats made or used by N.Y. rappers.

9. Well his albums are going to be a trilogy so after that hes going to take a break and still do music but not as much

10. drake

just listen to his new song "over" that shit is perfect for the radio its a great song and i think he can keep doing that cudi i donk know day n night might be his biggest hit of his life

but hey i dont even listen to eith that much of either

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5OdxhkL3og]YouTube - Kid Cudi - All Talk ft. Chip tha Ripper (& Christian Bale)[/ame]

^^

Cudi is the fucking man. There is no saying what his future is gonna be, but honestly he is far too creative to just stop making relevant, progressive songs. He's definitely pushing the boundries of hip-hop and he explores almost every other genre.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_gglh55CxU]YouTube - You Can Run - Bryan Greenberg ft. Kid Cudi (LIVE)[/ame]

I also like Drake a lot, but he's definitely not pushing the envelope in terms of music. He does have some mean ass lyrics though.