Who's done 5-HTP?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by bkadoctaj, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Okay, so this thread might be totally out there, but I've determined a perfect correlation between taking a capsule of 5-HTP and my bedroom and bathroom lights appearing to flicker.

Anyone else ever have this happen?

At first I thought something was up with my circuits... but honestly, the first time I ever noticed flickering was right after I took 5-HTP the first time. Now it's happened too many times (and ONLY when I've taken it) for it to be a chance coincidence.

My girlfriend's here too (without having taken any 5-HTP) and she doesn't even know what I'm talking about haha...

She's seen it too on 5-HTP though.

2. I stole some after I took x everyday for like a week and my mind was fucked up so I went to cvs and stole some and took like 6 at once and then did it again the next day didnt seem to do anything but im back to norMAL now

3. It's entirely plausible. 5-HTP is a precursor of serotonin which, even with a relatively small increase from baseline, has been known to cause visual distortions with light.

People on SSRI's experience similar phenomena often.

4. It's definitely real it sounds like... I'm just looking for confirmation then...

5. Oh I forgot to include that I've taken it many many times.

Never experienced any sort of hallucinations with it, but it definitely has a way of reversing weed tolerance, making it a friend of not only the hungover raver but also your everyday stoner.

6. Welcome to my world. :cool:

7. 5-HTP reverses cannabis tolerance? hmm..

8. Never did anything for me, and I've eaten good ammounts of it for random reasons.

9. Why do you believe it reverses a marijuana tolerance?

10. Maybe I'm using the word "reverses" too loosely but the point is if you take a few and smoke you will get higher than usual.

11. im interested in this as well. $9 for a bottle at walmart, if it does what he claims it would be a good cheap investment.

12. I take 5-HTP twice everyday and maybe there is some truth behind it.. but I just like the nice glow i get from it. 5-HTP is the shit.

13. Don't you get gas though? I notice a huge increase of that.

14. I take 100mg 5-HTP nearly every night ever since I started taking X about once a month. I also enjoy the vivid dreams it gives me, and it seems to regulate my sleep pattern. I haven't noticed anything regarding any change in my Marywanny tolerance, though. I also don't notice seeing lights flicker any more than I usually do.

15. 5-htp works like a sleeping pill for me. Definitely puts me in a good mood but not something I would dare to take during the daytime. I get way too tired.

16. Doesn't give me any gas problems. I like the more vivid dreams too!

17. That explains some things . . .

ie. random hallucinations . . . (I had thought I might have HPPD (I can be kind of a hypochondriac)

18. Taking 5-HTP make smoking so much better. It doesnt make you paraniod at all and your quite a bit more euphoric. Just dont take it less than 5 hrs before you drink cause it really fucks you up in a bad way.

19. I may sound like a newb, but what is 5-Htp?