Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

whos been to amsterdam

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by howtobuildabong, Sep 22, 2011.

1. is dam worth going?

2. is that even a question?

3. I say yes, I have been 3 times over the last 5 yrs, it's a great city and not just for the weed/coffeeshops, they have an amazing zoo (huge) and anne frank house, rembrandts house, the museums are plentiful so you are sure to find ones you'd like. the canal rides, ride a bike around, picnic in the parks. tons to do. plus the best smoke shop is the papillion located in the pijp section of town. I recommend renting an apt, rather than a hotel room, much better more space, kitchen, etc. and just as cheap or cheaper. hope this helps. ps - I heard @ the new year they won't sell weed to tourists @ the shop[s , so be sure to check that all out before you go. good luck.

4. whats the best coffee shops heard dampkrings the best

5. Missed out what should be the first stop for any stoner: Van Gogh museum!!

6. I live in Amsterdam.

AND I LOVE IT:hello::smoke:

7. you are very lucky. I want to visit Amsterdam one day, it looks very pretty there. and how good is the weed in the coffee shops etc?

8. the greenhouse is pretty decent, but across the road from there is where we spent most of our time, coffee shop and pub owned by same ppl next door to each other, so you can sit outside chuffing away while this SAVAGE blond chick came round bringing you your drinks.. fuck yeah

9. lol thats sounds bangin, ye your proper lucky living in dam

10. I Like 420 Cafe - friendly staff and board games.

11. Coffeeshops can deliver some pretty dank shit for good prices, but others can deliver shit for high prices.

You've gotta know the spots.

Even though Amsterdam sounds great, I'm going to the USA within 2 year. You don't wanna live in the Netherlands, people are crazy as hell here (not in a good way). (IMO)

12. If you compare the smoke to that of california or some of the other pot friendly states you will be disappointed you went to amsterdam.

13. I went and enjoyed it. I was there with the wife touristing for 3 days..not for the weed - but of course managed to enjoy that too. :D

I was happy with all the weed I had there.

14. My friends and I went to Amsterdam 3 weeks ago. It was a great experience but its is not as smoke friendly as other places I've been to. And coming from Vancouver, not even close. Yes you can buy weed in Coffeeshops and smoke there without problem, but don't go outside and smoke. There are lots of undercover cops that will give you heck.

One time, we didn't have enough money to go into the CoffeeShops to all buy drinks and smoke so we decided to try to to smoke outside (stupidly). Got caught and the cop was pretty mad and threatened to arrest us all. Felt really bad after.

It's a great city, but watch out for cyclists (who do not stop for pedestrians) and bums who will try to scam you. We watched this one guy bump into tourists on purpose and say they spilt his crack. He then would threaten them to give him money to pay for it. We were there 6 days and we saw him almost everyday.

Overall, it was super fun!

15. I'm in love with Amsterdam. I love the green, the food, the people, the city.... We smoked everywhere, in the street, parks, concert venues, never had any problems.
    Dampkring, Rokerij and Barney's were my favorite coffeeshops while there.

16. #16 420stonedpanda, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    It's an amazing place, great atmosphere, and the coffeeshop experience is unbeatable, even if their bud isn't the best anymore.
    The only thing I hate about Dam is how bloody expensive everything is.

I'm not really understanding all this stuff about the people there being crazy, every time i've been i've only ever met really nice and friendly Dutch people, who all speak perfect English and are only too happy to help a tourist out. Although I have had an unfortunate experience with a Dutch crackhead also...
    If you do go, Barney's Lounge is so, so sick. Every table has a Volcano and a T.V with a film going most of the time. Such a nice chill.

17. Amsterdam is a place to visit.. not live. The people there are insane and I would never live there. Not to mention the SCAMMING pricks that were everywhere.

But of course it's worth it to visit.. do it if you get the chance!

18. I went there this year. It was the first time I smoked too! I got me a nug of Super Silver Haze and it was gooooood!:smoke: And if you stay in a hostel it's a lot of fun. You meet the chillest people in the world. I want to go back!

19. I've been there with my family to visit relatives. Of course, I was 11 at the time, so I wasn't allowed in the red light district, and I was well-schooled in anti-drug propaganda so no weed (also I was 11 years old. Fuck any kid who smokes that young). Nice place though. Toured the Anne Frank house and rode one of those canal boats with the glass roof. I will be returning for the first time since then in a year or two.

20. When you are going to go, make sure you check the current situation. I had read that they are really pushing to make the coffee shops member ship only clubs, and not allow tourists to buy MMJ there anymore. Not sure what came of that though.