Whoops

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by whats that smel, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Last night I was checking on my plants and stupidly balanced a lowryder pot on the side of one of the larger plants pots, then as i turned around to get the camera i knocked the lowryder on to the other plant and snapped off two branches on the bottom of the plant i put the branches that had snapped in a glass of water whilst i googled cloning methods but have got no rooting hormone as i hadn't planned on cloning yet, but i followed the procedure i read about cut the stem diagonally under water, then plonked them in the soil the smaller one seems to be raising up to the light (30 watt grolux fluorescent) but the larger ones leaves are twisting and contorting, i also cut a drinks bottle in and put a few holes in to place over the top to keep the humidity up. How loang will it be before they die if they are going to is what i was wondering, and is there anything i can do to improve there chances.
    cheers
    mat

2. "knock,knock"
    guess nobodys home :)

3. Have any pics? you said you have a cam right...

4. Here are a few pics of them, the smaller more bushier piece actually seems to have grown a bit wider as i'm sure it fitted in the pot last night easily, but i could be wrong as i was panicking a bit as to what damage i had done the plant they came off, and on the larger single leaf the bottom leaves apper to have twisted up towards the light
    cheers
    mat

Attached Files:

5. they look alright, but whats up with the bottom pict, I thought clones need a grow tip?

6. i just put them in to see if they would do anything as i never meant to even try to clone as i had only glanced over the section in the growers bible, so did not know exactly what part of the plant to cut, i only ended up with them because another plants pot fell on to the side of the larger one and snapped them off, but just figured if they had any chance of living i had to do something quick, so i googled cloning and followed the instructions bar the rooting hormone, so will the one in the bottom pic definately die, as this is my first grow and i know next to nothing.
    cheers
    mat

7. that clone you took, thats not going to grow, you can't clone leafs.

8. Thanks, it's in the bin.
    mat