Whole Plant Yellowing Second Week Of Flower. Help Me Please.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by WeedMayn420, May 23, 2013.

1. i might just get the fert from home depot like you said. sorry for asking so many questions but Im the type of person that needs exact information and this is my first grow, but will the fert from home depot you suggested be all i need? if not im just gonna say screw it and go to the hydro store and ask for the flowering nutes.

2. If you do, try to get the numbers right. Mine is 4-8-7. So you want small-large-medium numbers. Don't have to be same numbers just kind of like that.

I would definitely go to hydro shop before next grow. That way you have nutes more tailored to each stage if cannabis growth and you can get micros that you will need and if your in a mj friendly state, they may be able to help. But online is where you should do some research and see exactly what you need for next grow.

Lucas formula is best.

Hey Medical... remember when I said I take the path of least resistance with my time and my money? Well, I use MG Cactus and MG African Violet, both $3.84 before taxes at Walmart. Each had exactly the same  Macro's and Micro's except the Cactus is 2/7/7 whereas the AF is 7/7/7... only thing different between the two is the N. I also use Pennington Epsom Salt because neither nutes have Mg... the epsom is 9.8% Mg and 12.9% sulfur derived from Magnesium Sulfate. It works well for me and save me tons of money.

4. #24 MedicalZombie, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    I knew it was something that could be purchased at a chain, but wasn't sure exactly what it was. :(
    I was trying to give him an idea, and since he actually has a hydro shop, I figured they would be able to point him in the right direction.

Hey @[member="WeedMayn420"] this is the guy to listen too. The vast majority of what I know came from this man. @[member="mmman"]

5. I understand, most folks spend a lot of money purchasing nutes tailored for MJ.

6. thanks for the input, but I've been doing some research and i think I'm just going to get some black strap molasses and the fert suggested from home depot. I think that alone will do the trick. 

7. oh and some bone mean. do i apply all this stuff at once or will that be to much

8. sorry but this is getting so damn annoying. every page i look up, people make this out to be like rocket science with 3 pages of mixing a nutrient solution. Despite what anyone thinks, this shit is not that damn hard and i can't get an exact answer from anyone. It's not like learning how to play guitar or some shit. This is bullshit.

9. Idk on the bone stuff. Never heard if it.
    It's botany not rocket science, you're right there. But it is a science none the less.

All those threads you were reading are kind of like experiments with results normally included.

Each strain is different and strives best in different conditions. Some like A LOT of nutes. Some can't take very much without burning. Yield will be effected if you defer from what the plant prefers.

Some will need to flower 8 wks. Some will need to flower 14 wks.

Listen to @mmman. His methods will get you a decent yield.

10. okay well im going to get the products he mentioned, sprinkle a couple inches of bonemeal on top of the soil for nitrogen. Im going to give a minor amount of those nutrients until i see an improvement. When you do put nutrients in the soil, how long should you wait to water it with those nutrients again? the plants are looking a little better since i a flushed them but i guess this is just something i need to feel out without killing my plants.

11. I'd think you would feed when you water. In dwc, instead of soil, the plant roots sit in an airated nutrient solution. So it'd seem like you would feed every water. @mmman will kno

12. okay so i will just mix it with a gallon and give a couple gulps to each plant.

13. #33 mmman, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013

You'll want to feed each plant with the Cactus 2/7/7, fill the yellow cap full per gallon of water.

On second thought, as badly as your plants are suffering from N deficit, you had better feed the African Violet 7/7/7 to start and then go to the 2/7/7 next.

14. #34 Pogre, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013

I hear you dude.  I'm fairly new, and getting info that doesn't conflict, or could be anything, or is over complicated...  blah.

Click the link in my sig to my Super Silver Haze grow.  I have a pic of the box of nutes I bought for about 30 bucks in the first post.  Has everything you need.  It has a little chart on the side of the box telling you when, how much and what to add, week by week, through it's entire cycle.  Though I do recommend starting out at half strength. 

You just add the right nutes for the right cycle to a gallon of water, shake it up well, let it sit for about 15 - 30 minutes and pour it into the pot every third watering or so.  It's completely idiot proof.  I'm living proof of that.  :p

There are other kits that are just as good, and a lot of guys would say better, but the General Organics starter kit has served me well.  And as it's been said, you really do need to check your ph.

15. well i saved my plants and got about 2 ounces off of each plant. I got some superthrive and watered it for a couple days with that and then i used the miracle gro products mmmmm said to use. If was all super green with thousands of red hairs.

16. ive Read a bunch of fourms where u dont even need Nutrients. But to each their own :bongin:

17. yeah maybe if you wait until the plants has sucked up all the nutrients it can possibly get before you tranplant and keep transplanting until the end. That is probably how i will do it this time. I put those plants in to big of a pot to soon, otherwise i would of been fine i think. But if you leave the plant in the same batch of soil to long you are going to eventually have to add nutrients. def get miracle gro african violet for veg and miracle gro cactus food for flower. I used super thrive when my plants were really bad at first mix with a half dose of the cactus stuff for every gallon for like the first couple days when they were looking bad and then just used the cactus stuff and this is was half way through flower. imagine how much better it would of been if i had used in the beginning. people that say miracle gro products suck are wrong.

18. Hi folks, I just wanted to pop in here, and put some thought in, because I remember my first grow well, and have learned much in the last two years growing this wonderful plant. Like alot of you, I just jumped into growing. Why? because it sucks buying street weed that comes from God knows where, and that may be less value than you paid for. So I bought a 3 x 3 x 5 ft. Tent Mylar inside 90 bucks, 400 watt Light with ballast, 160 bucks. , soil ffof, my First seed was a bagseed that was female, to practice. Like the gent at the beginning of this thread, my plant was fine until flowering, then yellow leaves, and if you do not ph your water for your soil, this will happen. Ph Meter costs7-8 bucks, the chemical to lower and raise ph can be had for about the same. If your soil has nutes in it, you may be okay for veg, but that doesn't mean nutes don't help. Used sparingly they help fill out nice, but are necessary for flowering, just because the nutrients it needs are different, and if you veg 4 + weeks like I do your soil is depleted of nutrient value. Thats why the deficiencies generally show during flowering. If you are putting effort in to supply yourself, then you want your product to turn out fantastic. I agree some people go too much in,but if you want good weed you have to put something into it. So good luck noobs, maybe in a couple years you will have some knowledge to share. Happy Toking!!