Whole Plant Yellowing Second Week Of Flower. Help Me Please.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by WeedMayn420, May 23, 2013.

1. Hi, I'm in my second or third week of flowering and all three of my plants are turning yellow. I had a friend come over yesterday who has some experience, and we flushed them and i hope that fixes the problem. I don't wan't to wait three days to see if they get better, knowing they could die in those three days. My friend thinks i underwatered them but i don't think that is the case. I use a 600 watt hps right now with miracle grow soil and perlite. I might not have enough perlite in my mixture but they grew fine in veg within the big pots i had them in before i put them in flower. I have never used any fertilizers. I have pictures here and i appreciate anyones help who can help me diagnose the problem. rob plants 001.JPG rob plants 006.JPG rob plants 003.JPG rob plants 005.JPG

2. Miracle grow, I'd suggest not using again.

It's a deficiency. Just not 100% sure on which. Kinda looks N, but may be something else.

3. major deficiency

4. What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil
    What brand and type of soil? miracle grow and miracle grow perlite
    Indoors or outdoors?indoor
    What strain? very big fat tiger seeds from a good bag of miss
    How old are the plants? about 4 or 5 months
    What type of lights and how many watts? 600 watt mh for veg and 600 wat hps for flower
    How far from the lights? about 3 or 2 feet
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? every two or three days. Tap water i let sit out for 24 hours
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Fed nothing
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro? 
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? feels about 75 to 80 and not very humid
    What size pots? 3 gallon
    Any bugs? no
    Any other pertinent info? 

my friend made a mixture of year and sugar water. does that produce nitro or only co2?

5. Yes it produces Co2.

So, let me get this right. Your feeding it NO nutes? How the hell did you get this far?

It looks like it has no nitrogen. Or nute locked due to ph being out of whack. What's your ph run off?

6. I don't know. I don't have anything to monitor my ph or anything. I don't know how i lasted so long but i assumed it was easy to grow and wouldn't need nutes and all these things. I have transplanted about four times with each plant into a larger pot each time. So assuming this is a nute problem and since you're not sure, what are all the things i can pump into the soil that will def bring it back to life? i spent to much money on all this to let it go to waste. I'll do whatever it takes

7. btw,  i have three plants and this happening to all of them if that helps

8. each time you transplanted, fresh soil had nutes to hold it over a while

but since you've been flowering in the same stuff for a while, the plant's taken everything it can from the soil, you need to supplement it with fertilizers in the proper n/p/k ratio

time to do some homework

9. i guess it is. Okay well should i transplant them again and take the easy way out, or do you not think that will work? if not please tell me the best thing to do

10. no, the roots have finished stretching out about now, so you will get little benefit from that soil

you need to topdress, supplement with a kelp/guano tea, or any of a host of bottled nutes at your hydro shop

11. #12 WeedMayn420, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    okay well thank you sir. will the guano tea work by itself? or do i need to buy a whole bunch of different bullshit?

12. Got a hydro store? Go in and look for a nutrient that's for bloom. I use floranova bloom.

Otherwise go to Home Depot, and look for a fert with something like 4-8-7 or something close to that. Next time around get a ph tester and some nutes. I use general hydroponics, but there are tons out there.

Like @[member="hello ladies"] said, time to do some homework

13. I think I'm running something around 5-14-15 in flower

check out www.lucasformula.com for effective options much cheaper than the companies want you to pay

14. My entire nute set up contains:
    Floranova grow
    Floranova bloom
    Liquid koolbloom
    Dry koolbloom

I'm going to add calmag as a supplement as needed for my next grow.

15. well i know it's better to get all the different nutes but im asking if there is one thing i can buy to fix all of this? I don't have time to get into all the research and everything. They need to be saved now. I don't care about getting the perfect crop right now. I just want to be able to harvest and get some decent smoke. It's only my first grow.

16. I'll post it ONE more time

www.lucasformula.com

17. okay so basically if i go to my hydro store they will have this stuff or something else that is a do it all mixed formula?

18. i don't trust the life of my plants lasting for a week waiting for something off the internet, that is all

19. Yea they should have it. The Lucas formula is the best method, but I found floranova and it works great.

Just ask hydro store for "bloom" or "flower" nutes. That should do it.

When you first introduce at a slow rate. Like 1/2 or 1/4 strength. And increase every couple of feedings. Other wise you may put the plant in shock and cause nute burn.