Who would you vote for if Ron Paul wasn't running?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swerv, Dec 19, 2011.

1. #1 Swerv, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    **This poll is meant for Ron Paul supporters only**
    Otherwise it wouldn't really mean much.​

Ron Paul is far and away the most popular politician on this forum, or at least the most popular among posters in the politics section.

So my question to all Ron Paul supporters is: if Paul wasn't running, who would you support out of the current field of candidates?

It seems that the other republican nominees get about as much love from most Ron Paul supporters as Obama does. Do you have enough faith in any other nominee to vote for them? Would you write-in? Or just not vote?

I'm just curious.

Edit: No Gary Johnson either. I mean out of the more conventional (or mainstream, I guess) republican nominees.

2. Gary Johnson.

3. Gary Johnson.

If he wasn't on there either than I wouldn't vote

4. Shit.. didn't include Gary Johnson.
    Although I guess I was thinking who would you pick out of the candidates who had a chance. Not that Bachmann, Hunstman, or Santorum have much of a chance.

5. This is my choice.

6. If the people who supported Ron Paul jumped on the Gary Johnson bandwagon he'd have plenty of supporters. More supporters than Bachmann, Hunstman, or Santorum thats for sure!

7. #7 Swerv, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2011
    Yes, that's very true and something I definitely overlooked.

But really, I meant this poll basically to ask if any of the more conventional republicans have any standing with Ron Paul supporters. Poor execution on my part I suppose.

8. They will come 2016 for sure.

I don't think I'd vote for anyone on that list.. I don't know enough about huntsman.. but definitely not the others.

9. Well I'll just let you know that the answer is zero standing. Paul supporters are fed up with the 2 party system. Bachmann is no better than Obama in my eyes possibly worse she's just a crazy lady, Obama is fully cognizant sell out.

10. lols someone voted rick perry.

11. Hmm so many turd sandwiches to choose from.

Honestly, I wouldn't even have wasted my time registering if those were my only options.

12. If write-in wasn't an obvious option, and I assumed you didn't include Johnson for a reason, but if you made me consider my 3rd pick it would be Huntsman if I was choosing from the other current candidates.

13. Obama. Come on beside Ron Paul all the other repub nominees are nutjobs

14. I'd vote 3rd party, any libertarian :)

15. Ron Paul will be my last vote. After 2012, I won't be voting because fuck democracy, that's what.

If everybody else does the same, then we're still running the broken system. Voting for gov is voting what type of liberties you will lose. Libertarians are not a party. They don't vote to enforce others to be like them. They just want leave you the fuck alone.

16. i couldnt imagine how bad this race would be w/o ron paul

17. Gary Johnson, he's the man.

18. Great I confused Gary Johnson and John Huntsman:eek:. So, not what I checked:rolleyes:. Gary Johnson.

19. That's great logic.

[​IMG]

PS: fuck voting for one or the other criminal.