Who would have thought...

Discussion in 'General' started by flower_child, Jul 2, 2006.

1. A few months ago, I posted a thread in the Spirituality & Philosophy forum about Holotropic Breathwork. I had given up on it when I realized that since it's trademarked, you'd have to attend a workshop to do it. Fast fowarding a few months, I started reading about it again. I'm not sure why. While reading, I discovered that in those workshops, your pretty much on your own anyway, except you have emotional support (your holotropic "trip sitter") and you have professionals teaching you. Well, I figured that since it's as simple as hyperventilating to some good music, and that I think I could handle myself, I gave it a go. I layed down on my bed, put on the only song used for breathwork that I could find for free, set it to repeat, and started breathing. Soon I had a nice, fast breathing pace and a clear head. It was very relaxing. I'm not sure how much time had passed (Not much, I know that.) when I started to feel a slight buzz in my body. I just kept going, experimenting with the breathing and the buzzing, and feeling a definite "threshold." Now, this buzz get's very strong. My whole body started vibrating, and I was starting to see some slight visuals when my cell phone rang. So I answered it, which was when I realized that must have been far into something, because I felt like I was waking up from anasteezea (I have no clue how to spell it so I just sounded it out. They use it to put you to sleep before surgery) My whole body felt numb, and I could not open my eyes. Luckily, the call was my buddy saying he could get my some bud. (I just realized that I don't like calling it bud anymore. it seems disrespectful) When I hung up, I layed back down and relaxed as the buzz faded. I will definitely have to work with this technique some more.

By the way, I don't recommend this (or any drug, for that matter) for "getting fucked up."
    When done right, this compares to a serious acid trip. The buzz felt more intense than an orgasm, so don't take this for granted; as humans have a tendancy to do.

2. YOU LOST ME, I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOUR TALKING ABOUT?

3. Are you talking about taking a bunch of deep breaths in a row as fast as you can for about two minutes straight? Makes your body tingle.

4. Sort of, but now quite. Type it in google and wikipedia. That's where I started off. It's too complicated for me to explain.