Who won the dem debate round 2?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Private Stalk, Jul 31, 2019.

1. So I have yet to catch the debate, was able to follow live tweets but that isn’t the same.

Curious from people who watched it who they felt like won and why?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Based on the live tweets I read, it seemed like maybe mayor Pete had a good night, and maybe Hickenlooper?

I didn’t get the impression that either Bernie or Warren had a spectacular night. That they golfed a par.

I’ll be watching them tomorrow am to see if I still feel this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Make sure to tune into fox and friends and get your talking points. lol

4. @Green Wizard useful point, let me file that.

I missed as well
    The NBC network gives me the lowdown in thebmorning during my daily weather report
    Warren is mentally disabled, shes lost it I hope itll be someone other than her

• Like Like x 1
  5. not the American people, that's for sure.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Well if the libs get in they will give all our wealth to decendents of slaves and non US citizens!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. I think there is way more effective ways of making reparations than a cash payment to individuals. But I like how they are focusing on it whereas the Republicans will ignore this subject completely. And not only that. They will continue to give the wealthy huge tax breaks which make no sense at all. And don't even talk to me about trickle bs.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Actually, they all did pretty well. Warren stood out as did Bernie.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Reparations already exist....it's called welfare

• Like Like x 1
  10. A lot on the left are saying warren won by a mile. I’m not a fan of her to be honest. If I had to pick a dem, I think hickenlooper or delaney were the moderates out of last nights bunch.

I think they actually have common sense as well as a real idea of what it takes to win. Problem is, moderate dems don’t participate in the primary voting.

• Like Like x 1
  11. This was a far better debate than the first go-around.

I think Buttigieg speaks really well. I liked the reality check Delaney imposed on them, too, though of course he was slandered as a right-winger for pulling the extremists down to earth a bit.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Dont let hickenlooper fool you

• Like Like x 1
  13. Hickenlooper is a piece of shit ruining my life in Colorado now. Is hate to see I'm in the wh ruining the whole country. Running roughshod over or rights.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. Delaney popped the Medicare bubble, saying with confidence that the hospitals would go out of business if all the bills were paid at the Medicare rate. Warren pushed her time limits and seemed strong. Mayor Pete got everyone's attention at one point and seemed like he could actually lead the group for a second. Bernie had his one liner, "I wrote the damn bill!"

No real political bloodshed. They did well overall, I thought. For democrats...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sounds like I got more out of watching reruns of MASH.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Hickey-Loopie is a died-in-the-wool 2-faced politician. That's true for all, but I view the former Colorado governor as the poster boy for that crowd. Anyone who was around at the time remembers he was strongly against legalization during his time in office and only grudgingly signed the bill(s) into law in the face of dire political consequences.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Don't sleep on Maryanne Williamson though. She's channeling the soul of the party. Through a crystal...

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I noticed how Russia wasn't mentioned with half a breath by either the moderators or the candidates.

• Like x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  19. I noticed how dominating Bernie was on the debate stage. Hope you didn't forget our little bet. Scared bro?