Who will you blame when Trump is gone?

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forum Humor' started by TookieT420, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Guilty is as guilty does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. They will blame whoever's president next. History repeats itself.

Every president gets blame and hated by those who didn't vote for the winner.

It's a democracy people. Your vote loses. You don't like it. Leave.

3. #23 Skyjester, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    A lot of conflict is due to our winner-take-all system, which assures about half our country are utterly disenfranchised at any time. It's the same way in most other democracies, e.g. if you've ever heard debate time in the British House of Commons, it's the exact same two six-year olds yelling and pointing fingers at each other. Neither person represents the people who elect them, their primary job is to blame the "other" party for any and all inability to negotiate, compromise and get anything accomplished. Even when two major parties agree on an issue, their leadership won't allow them to.

I've never understood the necessity of elections in the first place. It would be much simpler and far more democratic to use party registration numbers to determine congressional majorities and occupation of our White House. E.g. if the Democrats have 60% of party registrations, they are allowed to choose our president and 60% of both houses of Congress etc. This would entirely change the focus of lobbyists, special interests, PACs etc away from our reps and toward individual voters and blocks of voters. IMO there is no defense whatsoever for the minority party in our (or any) country to be given control over the pursestrings of the majority.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yeah from what weve seen over the last week i think its fairly obvious someone gave him a good slap for his dickish behaviour.

5. Bunch of sheep Thinkin life in America is gunna change if a Democrat gets in office or a different republican still gunna pay more taxes every year and be flooded with new laws that restrict how ya wanna live your life.
    Open your eyes and close your ears too all the bull shit red or blue it don’t matter when it comes down too it your a slave that thinks they free.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Screenshot_2020-01-11 Daily Cartoon Thursday, July 25th.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. That is VERY TRUE Gorilla........but I wanna switch plantations..........cuz this Trump character is TERRIBLE!!

8. I agree with the sentiment but Trump is averaging 15 false and misleading statements every single day. At what point do public expectations of honesty and decency from our federal government completely collapse in our country? Should we ask his prostitute Horseface or the Republican human scum (his terms not mine)?

What's heartbreaking for me is that imo Trump really does (or maybe did) represent the first glimmer of light in our two-party political tunnel in at least a few and probably several decades. E.g. he's finally doing what needs to be done, or at least the first stages of it, to fix our China problem etc. But he's blowing it with his apparently infinite ego and spitefulness. Historians will indeed be shaking the heads in wonder at a president who took office by technicality and not because of popular vote, then spent his entire first two years in office attacking the person who did receive the plurality of votes, and undoing virtually everything the previous president, twice elected with pluralities, ever did in his eight years. Trump spent his first day in office ranting about the reported attendance numbers at his own inauguration. Etc. Etc. Etc. Simply astonishing levels of ego, arrogance, spite and delusional paranoia.

I'm not stupid enough to place personal blame on Trump for who he is, or hate him personally etc. He's simply the product of his upbringing and environment, a virtual lifetime of fortune and fame and being constantly coddled and sucked up to. Virtually anyone who lived his life would wind up moreless just like him. But regardless, as my president and paid employee I'm forced to make a moral judgment about him, and from all available evidence imo he's a fundamentally immoral and evil person with either no or virtually no regard for the power and behavior limitations inherent with public office. So if he's not forcibly removed from office and our world survives until the next election as a result, my conscience allows no other vote than anyone but Trump.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #30 GorillaGherkin, Jan 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
    Good points as always SKY but, presidency is the ultimate hustle in my opinion .they tools that do what their told to do blue or red. Our system is broken there is no fixing it.
    The constitution is either too out dated or not respected by citizens or politicians.

10. hey killerbee, happy mlk day!:biggrin:

11. I don’t like trump or politics lol. Trump is a fool! He isn’t loyal to anything or anyone... he’s jumped parties several times in the past, prob to benefit him. Wish he woulda stayed in the Democrat party where he belongs

12. Yes fuck politics. Not arguing or being a dick, But trump does what he says. Follows through. People hate cuz they are weak or truly don’t understand what’s goin on. That’s the big problem with all these politicians now a days. Both parties. They say shit, and either don’t follow through or talk shit to one another fighting like little bitches. News only talks about negative shit, crimes, murders, etc... It’s actually hilarious listening to them lol Saying things that aren’t true, expressing their opinion thinking they are right (kinda like me right now I guess) lol then people alter what they say and people like us hear bullshit comments and Problems, and some of us believe it. But hey, they waste their lives doing that shit and trying to control the world. Yes We have to hear about it but let’s be thankful we don’t have to be in that field of work. We got Weeeeed we are all human and gonna die someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Thankfully I don’t rly watch the news or follow political stuff. I’ve accepted long ago that Things are how they are and will be until they are forced to change.. With trump I’m just not a fan... will smith joked about running, he’d be a better person to represent the USA

14. Yeah fuck the news. All they announce is murder, rape and bad events. And it’s something different everyday. The next day they forget about it and mention something else and so on. Why not talk about something good everyday? And motivate people to do better without scaring the shit out of them and making them paranoid. No one on tv gives a shit about you, me and everyone else on this planet. Just care about themselves

15. Yeah too bad they air stuff like that all day.

Truth is, threads like this keep people at Bay, just keep busy talking about their opinions of politics and corruption. Meanwhile it does nothing..

There's thousands of subculture forums exactly like this where people are discussing exactly the same thing.

Even when the very president announces that the news stations are fake or liers or whatever. The sheeple still watch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  16. The house that doesn't burn down, doesn't make the news.

• Like Like x 1
  17. That is very true. I think I’m done reading, commenting and even getting involved in convos/topics like these. I don’t hate people that disagree with me or believe different. I respect everyone until they personally fuck me over. Shit just gets annoying sometimes. Well anyway I know what I’m doing tonight after work. hotbox and blast Metallica. Join me! lol

• Like Like x 2
  18. I agree. Def there to scare ppl into check! Do u remember that country concert shooting where old dude loaded a shit ton of stuff up the stairs and shot from the window. Everyone wondered how he got it all up alone, they found evidence of a second shooter on a lower floor and it just from one day to the next drop the fuck off the news, like nothing else ever came up from it from what I saw on whio or Facebook.

• Like Like x 1
  19. So true. Much or most of it is basic laziness. Genuine journalism, i.e. finding news that actually matters to anyone other than the subjects of the stories themselves, requires a lot of work. Long ago our news industry discovered this hard work can be replaced with a few quick daily calls to local police and fire departments.

"Hi. Who died today?"

And that's been our "news" since the 1970's. Sooner or later one realizes the only practical purpose of this non-news is to make countless millions of people feel bad. It's why we cut the cord to our cable TV service 15 years ago, nobody in my family has requested it since. It was easily the best lifestyle decision we've ever made as a family and our only regret is not doing it much earlier than we did.

Between the relentless vapid programming, violence, conflict, artificial need, product scams, deceptive advertising and the rest, you don't realize just how utterly demonic an influence it is until you're rid of it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1