Who will win the 2013 Super Bowl?

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by LSDForPeace, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Damn sure are lots of ravens fans in here. I knew I loved you all for a reason.

2. Seriously!:smoke:

3. dont really like NE but gotta bet on them

hernandez and spikes make em fun to watch tho go gators!

4. [quote name='"Johnny Blazed"']dont really like NE but gotta bet on them

hernandez and spikes make em fun to watch tho go gators![/quote]

I don't know about Hernandez, gronk is a fun character to watch. I agree with you on the pats but watch the fucking giants or some other wildcard team take it. Nothing against the giants but I always thought the wildcard spot was a joke. Either way it won't be my team to win it.

5. New England Patriots!

6. flacco vs alex smith in a superbowl? yeah, i dont think so.

it'd be like two monkeys throwing poop at eachother

also the 49ers might regress last year. all signs point to them regressing

7. [quote name='"zro420"']flacco vs alex smith in a superbowl? yeah, i dont think so.

it'd be like two monkeys throwing poop at eachother

also the 49ers might regress last year. all signs point to them regressing[/quote]

Some one doesn't know about football ....

8. #69 deoxygenated, Aug 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2012
    Flacco and smith are both very iffy qbs at best

Edit: Also Alex smith has been a pretty terrible qb, besides for last year.

9. [quote name='"deoxygenated"']

Flacco and smith are both very iffy qbs at best.[/quote]

The 49ers only got better over the off season. Which signs do you see that lead to regression ? Manningham jabcobs and moss will all help them. Even if the d isn't as good as last year they will still have a top 5 d

10. I'm not so sure if randy moss is them getting better, we will have to wait and see.

I'm not the one who said they would regress, just that last years season was pretty out of the blue.

11. you remind me of the Eagles fans last season LOL.

12. #73 zro420, Aug 8, 2012

idk about football? LOL ok

on over 40 years, only 10 teams have improved by seven wins in a season, last years 49ers is one of them. of those teams, the next year those teams have won an average of 4.7 fewer games.

first of all, 49ers wont force as many turnovers last year, and will probably turn the ball over at a higher rate.

alex smith had an INT rate of 3.5% for his career, and last year it was only 1.1%, 5th in the league, you really think that will happen again? you really think he can sustain that kind of success?

those players you listed are all good and dandy, and they will also be stretching the field. meaning san fran wont be able to run their super conservative offense like they did last year. if they plan on actually using manningham and moss, then they will have to take more shots down field, and captain checkdown aka alex smith is going to be taking riskier throws,s omething he never did last year. his INT rate is almost sure to go up.

the 49ers recovered 15 out of 20 loose balls, aka fumbles on defense. recovering a fumble is almost all luck. another unsustainable stat from last year.

also, 49ers barely had injury issues last year. their starters on defense missed 8 games all year TOTAL. not to mention crabtree and gore (who is super injury prone) both stayed pretty healthy. don't expect to be so lucky. injuries are another completely fluky thing in football.

football outsiders said that the 49ers also faced the easiest schedule in football. and with the seahawks only getting better this year and the fact that they play the nfc north and nfc east, their schedule is going to be really hard.

one last thing, they were 6-2 in games decided by 7 pts or less. that's some pretty big luck. like games where it comes down to missed field goals. also hard to sustain their success in such close games, especially since their opponents will be a lot tougher.

im not saying49ers wont be good. they have a real good football team. but them being superbowl favorites in the nfc is a joke. i see them winning 10-11 games, depending on how good seattle really is. and if you thinkt hey're going to actually be better, especially in the W-L column this year, you are just simply being a homer.

care to refute that

13. Didn't the 49ers also only allow like two rushing tds the whole regular season? You really think they can do that again man lol

14. the 49ers 2011 season might be the most unsustainable one i've seen in a long, long time. SO many things went right for them.

15. zro doesnt know a thing about football.

16. #77 BMORE HiiiGH, Aug 8, 2012
    ^LOL

It will be hard for the 49ers to replicate some of the things they did but they still will have alot of success this year. Them being SuperBowl favorites is far from a joke. 3 of the last 5 SB champs have won less than 12 games during the regular season. The NFC is loaded with good teams Im picking them to make it to the Superbowl but not that confident.

17. giants and packers are both better teams than 49ers. san fran being THE superbowl favorite in the nfc is a joke. yes it is. when is the last time a team without an elite quaterback won a superbowl? it's been almost 10 years

18. lmao

this kid has a legit boner for me^^

19. It really is a joke if you think the 49ers are a good legit pick to be in the superbowl, so many better teams in nfc. Also I'm not sure if signing a bunch of "ok" wrs and randy moss makes them much better. The main reason they were better last year was alex smith stopped throwing the ball and the ran A LOT. With all the new recievers I feel Alex Smith is going to resort back to the Alex Smith of old, tons of ints, tons of missed passes.