Who/what Civilization First Discovered Marijuana? And How?

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by PeacefulToker14, Jun 1, 2014.

1. So I was always curious about this. I searched the web and haven't found anything since marijuana has been growing all over throughout the world. If someone already made a thread about this I'm sorry I looked around on GC also and didn't find anything.
    I'm really thinking like how did someone to think to smoke a plant? and then have this plant(marijuana) not hurt them at all. Cause we all know you can't just go Into the wilderness and pack every plant into a bong to smoke it. It would be awesome to have someone who knows about history of weed and could give me a link to an article or something about the first person(s) that discovered marijuana :)
    P.S. I'm not sure if this belongs in q&a but it's a question for an answer... So if mods needs to move it that's cool with me, thanks guys/girls!

2. So I was always curious about this. I searched the web and haven't found anything since marijuana has been growing all over throughout the world. If someone already made a thread about this I'm sorry I looked around on GC also and didn't find anything.
    I'm really thinking like how did someone to think to smoke a plant? and then have this plant(marijuana) not hurt them at all. Cause we all know you can't just go Into the wilderness and pack every plant into a bong to smoke it. It would be awesome to have someone who knows about history of weed and could give me a link to an article or something about the first person(s) that discovered marijuana :)
    P.S. I'm not sure if this belongs in q&a but it's a question for an answer... So if mods needs to move it that's cool with me, thanks guys/girls!

3. As far as I know, paleobotanical record traces marijuana back to the Himalayas and Asia. So whatever eastern civilizations were prevalent at the time.

4. Cannabis originated in Asia as far as I know 

5. I know that archaeologists found some 2,700 year old weed preserved in the Gobi desert not long ago.

6. That's crazy how much did they say was there?

7. watched this a few days ago, didnt finish it but still interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0bH6Z_OSp8

8. #8 MMGA, Jun 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. China has earliest recordings, used for medicine

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I imagine early humans, neanderthals maybe, gathering around a fire throwing whatever would burn on top, and lo and behold they got stoned and started looking for the plant . then you have your first pipe makers. the first man to create a bong was a genius no doubt 

11. Well during the "Hunter/Gatherer" period, it is thought that females took on the main role as the gathers. It is possible that either by burning or eating the plant they noticed  effects. It is similar to the origins of when we learned to cook meat. Was it when early humans came across an animal burning during a forest/praire fire? Or when the early humans hung their meat in caves to protect it from animals then noticed that the smoke from the campfire changed the taste/texture of the meat?

Early cultures mainly hotboxed the plant in small tents by throwing every part of the plant on to hot coals.

I guess it is a question that is hard to definable answer.

12. Probably California or colorado

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. that's exactly what I'm saying it's just an impossible answer to know how and who first discovered weed that's why I thought to post it cause idk it's just interesting to me to see if there's actually records written somewhere that tells of the first person to discover weed lol

14. dinosaurs found that shit